An Old School Catholic Message Board

Angel Of God?!

Ale.SOLT

So this Thanksgiving week, I went to Cali for my cousin's wedding (Praise be to Jesus) and we went to confession after Thanksgiving mass. Now, this church is tiny, but its cozy and it was only my cousin, her fiance and I who were going to confession. After I came out to do my penance, this little old lady knelt right next to me so i continued praying( Usually pray with my head down). She said "God can't wait for you to be his. Do not be afraid and let Him love you" I freaked out, looked up and the old lady was gone.

Is this a angel of God or just my imagination?

[color=#800000][size=4][b]An "angel or your imagination" is not important.[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#800000][size=4][b]The message is what is important.[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#800000][size=4][b]Blessings[/b][/size][/color]

MarysLittleFlower

that is an interesting story :) If you really saw the lady, possibly it wasn't your imagination and she was really there, whoever she is. Doesn't sound like a bad message either! :)

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Oh my gosh, that sounds amazing, and the message was beautiful. Did you start crying? I would have, I am tearing up a bit right now... Wow.

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1322597502' post='2342228']
Oh my gosh, that sounds amazing, and the message was beautiful. Did you start crying? I would have, I am tearing up a bit right now... Wow.
[/quote]
I cried like a little baby. I was so touched. lol

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='Ale.SOLT' timestamp='1322666055' post='2342693']
I cried like a little baby. I was so touched. lol
[/quote]
I knew it. I would too. I would be so weirded out but still sobbing.

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1322666338' post='2342694']
I knew it. I would too. I would be so weirded out but still sobbing.
[/quote]
Yess! That's how I felt.

What an amesome experience! Surely God knows when we need to be encouraged...and on Thanksgiving, too! Angels are messengers of God, so if it really was a (human) little old lady, she was still acting as God's messenger here -- and thus an angel to you.

dominicansoul

this reminds me of what happened to a friend of mine, she was feeling really crummy one afternoon and walked into the Adoration Chapel. She knelt there and spilled every ounce of her Being to Jesus, telling Him all that ailed her at the time...

she ended her prayer (in silence) by telling Jesus, "sometimes I just wish you weren't hidden, and walked still amongst us......so I CAN HAVE ONE OF YOUR HUGS!"

and in an instant, a little old woman came up to where she was kneeling and gave her a huuuuuuuuuuuuge hug and kissed her on the cheek before going back to her place where she had been praying....!!! hahahahahaha

Jesus sends angels, and sometimes he just uses us humans to console us.... :)