An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mother Superior Gravely Ill

InPersonaChriste

InPersonaChriste

La Monasterio de la Visitacion (The Visitation Monastery)

My dearest Phatmassers,
I have had news from the Visitation Monastery in Chile. Their mother superior is gravely ill as is their sub-prioress, and the community has requested a new Mother Superior to come.

I really care for these sisters and I felt such a connection with the mother superior (she was so beautiful and in love with God), so I ask prayers for a peaceful death.

Sorry, this does not give a ton of information, I just felt like I needed to post this.

Prayers for her recovery. :amen: But if she passes on, may her Beloved welcome her into the Kingdom saying "well done, good and faithful servant."

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1322806979' post='2343583']
Prayers for her recovery. :amen: But if she passes on, may her Beloved welcome her into the Kingdom saying "well done, good and faithful servant."
[/quote]

Something, we as Christians, always need to remember. Thank you.

FutureSister2009

Praying. That's also the case for my Franciscan Sisters. Their Superior has had Lupus Disease for many years and she's getting worse. Unfortunately that means she may never be able to travel here to the States so I probably won't get to meet her.

dominicansoul

i think i'll die a little when my Mother Superior passes away... she was truly like a mom to me.... and she never hesitated to treat me like her own daughter...