An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can I Be Church Militant?

Little Flower

i<3franciscans

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1323295305' post='2346823']
Well I had a few people keen to nominate me, and a look at my posts and props should show clearly that I am most definately loyal to the Church, so much so I am entering Carmel again in a month and have shared my warts and all journey. But maybe I should be allowed to jump to Religious seeings Im here now too.
[/quote]
You should. Seeing that you will not be allowed to come on once you enter you should be able to enjoy the title for a month. :)

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1323304404' post='2346943']
We could use another Church Scholar since we lost one to the convent today.
[/quote]

Who else has theology degrees around here (well, I do, but I'm not Church Militant)?

I forget, is it graduate degrees or just a BA or something in theology? I'm being too lazy to go check the info thread. :)

GeorgiiMichael

While I'm not a CM, I would like to nominate Basilisa Marie for that honor. She is one of the biggest reasons that I am a Catholic. She debated me with charity back when I was an anti-Catholic Lutheran, and she prayed for my conversion intently. It would probably be fair to say that without her intercessory prayer, I would not be a Catholic right now.

That, or make her a Church Scholar, since she has a BA in Theology and is currently working toward her MA in Theology.

EDIT: I started this post before I saw that she posted, soooooo don't penalize her for that! =D

Edited by GeorgiiMichael

i<3franciscans

I just checked and I think you only need a BA.

[quote name='GeorgiiMichael' timestamp='1323304926' post='2346951']
While I'm not a CM, I would like to nominate Basilisa Marie for that honor. She is one of the biggest reasons that I am a Catholic. She debated me with charity back when I was an anti-Catholic Lutheran, and she prayed for my conversion intently. It would probably be fair to say that without her intercessory prayer, I would not be a Catholic right now.

That, or make her a Church Scholar, since she has a BA in Theology and is currently working toward her MA in Theology.

EDIT: I started this post before I saw that she posted, soooooo don't penalize her for that! =D
[/quote]
I second it. Prayers for the decision.

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1323304604' post='2346948']
Could I please nominate FutureSister2009? She is very sweet, holy and is a regular PMer... :)
[/quote]

not for the way she keeps attcking Luigi

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1323305377' post='2346956']

not for the way she keeps attcking Luigi
[/quote]

:|

Edited by i<3LSOP

Basilisa Marie

[/quote]

GeorgiiMichael, you're incredibly kind. :) The Blessed Mother had WAY more to do with your conversion than I ever did!

GeorgiiMichael

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1323306210' post='2346969']

GeorgiiMichael, you're incredibly kind. :) The Blessed Mother had WAY more to do with your conversion than I ever did!
[/quote]
Well, you played a big part, there's no doubt about it. I wouldn't have been as open to the Blessed Mother's signs if you hadn't already helped to soften my heart towards Catholicism.

IcePrincessKRS

[/quote]

That's probably one of the best laid out nominations I've ever read. I'd back that candidate.