An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can I Be Church Militant?

Little Flower

GeorgiiMichael

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1323225275' post='2346040']
There are other Catholic sites like........ Catholic Answers and... ummm..... hmmm......
[/quote]
Oh goodness, Catholic Answers. You guys are MUCH better than Catholic Answers.
[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1323225309' post='2346042']
Georgii, I find this dissonance in phatmass to be no different than what appears to be dissonance within the Church itself. The Church is holy because Christ is holy. And we are imperfect people trying to follow the teachings of the Church; we sin & that is why we have Confession. I have heard it said a saint is a sinner who gets up one time more than he fell. We cannot expect people here to be any less than human. Imperfect people always striving toward perfect ideals. i believe there is more good here than not. :)
[/quote]
But isn't it reasonable to expect more charity from a Catholic forum than from a secular gaming forum?
[quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1323225321' post='2346044']
OK, since we're all asking, is seven years of devotion to PM enough to be a Church Militant or do I have to do something for MIKolbe first?
[/quote]
I nominate Totus Tuus for CM! (for what it's worth)

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1323225439' post='2346045']

Tell him he is svelte
[/quote]
I have announced it to the world.
And I hope that is not a trap.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1323225660' post='2346051']
make him sammiches
[/quote]

Does he eat peanut butter? That's all I have at the moment. A giant jar of peanut butter that needs to be gone by Saturday.

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1323224586' post='2346021']
LOL, what do you get when you become CS?
[/quote]
you have to verify that you have a degree in some sort of Churchy thing, and be willing to answer questions on the faith.

and i can't read. :doh:

[quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1323225575' post='2346050']
I have announced it to the world.
And I hope that is not a trap.
[/quote]

No! dont worry

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1323225899' post='2346056']
you have to verify that you have a degree in some sort of Churchy thing, and be willing to answer questions on the faith.
[/quote]

I can answer questions on the faith, alternating between "because the pope says so" and " because Jesus says so."

I have been nominated for CM in the past, it just never happened. I forgot about that until just now.

Edit:
Yay for finally achieving it :P

Except now that people who have been here for like two months are CM it doesn't feel special.

JUST KIDDING. DON'T TAKE IT AWAY.

Edited by Totus Tuus

brandelynmarie

[quote name='GeorgiiMichael' timestamp='1323225515' post='2346047']
Oh goodness, Catholic Answers. You guys are MUCH better than Catholic Answers.

But isn't it reasonable to expect more charity from a Catholic forum than from a secular gaming forum?

I nominate Totus Tuus for CM! (for what it's worth)
[/quote]

Reasonable expectation? Perhaps. :) Because we are all in different places in our spiritual growth...probably not, lol. Well, I happen to think stuff on here is waaay tamer than on a gaming forum...Think about your home parish...you have kind people & cliquey groups & cranky pholks & people who can be rude on a regular basis...We cannot take personally the behavior of other people. It only shows where they are at at that moment in church, on a phorum, on the subway....wherever. We must focus on the good (which comes from God) anywhere we can find it. I see it as pholks are patient with me when I get irritated or cranky or am feeling blue & I do my best to be charitable with them when their behavior is less than I think it should be.

And yes, TT soooooo needs to be CM! ;)

[quote name='GeorgiiMichael' timestamp='1323225515' post='2346047']
Oh goodness, Catholic Answers. You guys are MUCH better than Catholic Answers.[/quote]
okay, that's funny right therr.

[quote name='GeorgiiMichael' timestamp='1323225515' post='2346047']But isn't it reasonable to expect more charity from a Catholic forum than from a secular gaming forum?[/quote]
i dunno where you're looking at, but secular forums i've been at, it's full of "f you" this and "f you" that, and "the Catholic church is a bunch of pedos". pretty sure phatmass is a lot better than most secular phorums ;)

:) God bless.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1323226139' post='2346064']
I have been nominated for CM in the past, it just never happened. I forgot about that until just now.

Edit:
Yay for finally achieving it :P

Except now that people who have been here for like two months are CM it doesn't feel special.

JUST KIDDING. DON'T TAKE IT AWAY.
[/quote]
<_< i'm doing my best here, chica. ;) congratulations.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1323225899' post='2346056']

and i can't read. :doh:
[/quote]
Ooooh, so I will be eligible for that soon?!

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1323226241' post='2346067']
okay, that's funny right therr.

i dunno where you're looking at, but secular forums i've been at, it's full of "f you" this and "f you" that, and "the Catholic church is a bunch of pedos". pretty sure phatmass is a lot better than most secular phorums ;)

:) God bless.

<_< i'm doing my best here, chica. ;) congratulations.
[/quote]
Hahaha, it's all jest. Really.