An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Brothers

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1323817255' post='2350667']
Has anyone mentioned the [url="http://www.franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Home_1.html"]Franciscan Brothers Minor[/url]? :love:
[/quote]

Me, actually. Except they are not called the "Franciscan Brothers Minor". They are the "Order of the Friars Minor" (O.F.M.). Their official name is Friar, not Brother. However, this has unfortunately been unofficially changed by lay-people, who find it easier to call them "Brother" instead.

Sorry, I'm just a stickler for these things. :P

PhuturePriest

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1323813725' post='2350641']
I know you were asking about Franciscans but this is a really great website by some Dominican brothers. [url="http://www.preachingfriars.org/"]http://www.preachingfriars.org/[/url] They have blog posts written by different brothers plus a page where you can ask questions. My favorite part though is the videos of the brothers giving homilies at Vespers.
[/quote]
Where do they live? And how do you contact them?

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1323839794' post='2351026']
[url="http://vocation.nd.edu/"]Holy Cross Priests[/url] :love:
[/quote]

I've been in contact with them for quite a while. They are pretty amesome.

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1323835963' post='2350972']

These guys are amesome! They taught at the boys school near my (coed) Catholic school. I had to share a bus with their boys for four years. Ah, memories. :nun:

Anyway, these guys are co.ol. They do a ton of great work, and their schools are excellent.
[/quote]

razzle dazzle!! Yeah, they had a small community living in my diocese, and their vocation director really helped me out in my discernment. Another amesome order!!

Alas, I feel called to diocesan life though... But I contacted A LOT of orders. lol.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1323893605' post='2351296']

I've been in contact with them for quite a while. They are pretty amesome.

razzle dazzle!! Yeah, they had a small community living in my diocese, and their vocation director really helped me out in my discernment. Another amesome order!!

Alas, I feel called to diocesan life though... But I contacted A LOT of orders. lol.
[/quote]

It's good to explore! You never know where God's going to put you!

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1323845091' post='2351093']
Where do they live? And how do you contact them?
[/quote]
They live in Saint Louis MO. (They are moving to their new priory this week :w00t: so I don't know exactly where they are now but it is still in Saint Louis). They are actually the student brothers of the Central and Southern Provinces. So if you want general information I would contact the provinces. If you would like to ask a question directly to these brothers click on the "Ask a Friar" tab on the page and it will take you to a form there.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1323845007' post='2351090']

Me, actually. Except they are not called the "Franciscan Brothers Minor". They are the "Order of the Friars Minor" (O.F.M.). Their official name is Friar, not Brother. However, this has unfortunately been unofficially changed by lay-people, who find it easier to call them "Brother" instead.

Sorry, I'm just a stickler for these things. :P
[/quote]
Everything I've ever seen about this particular community has called them Franciscan Brothers Minor--their website, Catholic newspapers, plus knowing them personally. Just saying :P

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1323915742' post='2351457']
Everything I've ever seen about this particular community has called them Franciscan Brothers Minor--their website, Catholic newspapers, plus knowing them personally. Just saying :P
[/quote]
We may not be talking about the same Order, then. These are probably a string of Franciscans that formed their own community. I'm thinking of the Order of the Friars Minor, the Order that Saint Francis founded.