An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers Please

Queen'sDaughter

Queen'sDaughter

Maybe this should go on the prayer thread...but I am struggling right now.

I just received word that I have been invited to interview for admittance to veterinary school, and it has raised a huge conflict within me.

I am reaching that moment when I must make a decision that cannot be undone. Please pray that I follow God's Will for me!

InPersonaChriste

Prayers for you! I am almost in that situation, choosing between education and vocation seems to be hard when you aren't entirely sure what the vocation is. Or at least for me :)

PAX

:heart:

Love and prayers. That is a difficult position to be in, as though your desires are being torn in two. Just pray that God will place His love and wisdom in the space created by the tear, and you can't go wrong. Whatever you choose, there will be some uncertainty and fear - this is quite natural whenever you have a big decision to make. It is trust that makes the fear easier to bear.

Prayers for you.

(My two cents is to go ahead and do the interview. Don't close doors on yourself. You can't fully make a decision if you don't know what all your options are)

• 2 weeks later...
Queen'sDaughter

Thanks to all of those who have prayed for me.
I am going to do the interview, and I just continue to pray that God guides me on His path.
I draw constant solace from the knowledge that my older brother, a priest, went through the same struggle I am going through. He was accepted to medical school, but turned it down and entered the seminary instead. His example gives me courage.

Merry 3rd day of Christmas everyone!