An Old School Catholic Message Board

How To Say It...

i<3LSOP

Hi Ya'll,

I think I might be going down to Queens on Epiphany weekend and I know that God really wants me to tell a Sister down there that I think I have a vocation to their order. I know this Sister pretty well and I will most likely help her out a bit. If not, I'm sure I'll be able to tell her. I don't have a problem at all with telling her... but how do you even get that conversation started? She's not really the type who talks about vocations... more about tacos, and baseball teams, school work and oh... random stuff. Any clue as to how I should tell her? I don't really know if I should be blunt or bring it up slowly.

If you want me to describe her she is young (in her thirties), funny, kind, and she like's giving hugs and I think she likes tacos. :paco2:

Also, any clue as to how to get the conversation started with parents?

i<3franciscans

I would suggest just praying about it. If God really wants you to talk to her He will show you when. The Holy Spirit will guide you.

Prayers that everything works out according to God's Will. :)

she_who_is_not

Sisters are really good at talking about vocations. Remember, every sister was once in the very same position you are in now. I'd start by asking her how she discerned her own call. She will probably understand why you are bringing it up. I'll pray for you!

I think in the midst of the conversation you could talk about what your doing with your life right now. Whether you are in college, working etc. With that then you can say, I have really felt the Lord tugging on my heart to discern religious life, and I think one of the reason's I'm here today, is because I am interested in your community. Maybe tell her some of the reason's you like the community; maybe its the founder, apostolate, type of prayer, etc. Then ask her "What was the process by which you came to decide to apply to enter this community/congregation, etc?"

Edited by the_rev

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1323970566' post='2351706']
Mother Provincial gave us permission! i will pray for you!
[/quote]

:woot: :dance2: :dance: :dance5: :woot: :dance3: :dance: :woot: :dance5:

[size=8] [font=comic sans ms,cursive] YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/font][/size]

Edited by i<3LSOP

FutureCarmeliteClaire

I am praying for you as always, and did you say you are thinking about telling your parents?
I don't have much advice about how to tell the sister because I have never had to do that, but again, I am praying for you, girl.

[quote]Also, any clue as to how to get the conversation started with parents?[/quote]
Do they know you are considering religious life, or are they completely clueless? If they have no idea, please gently drop some hints for a few weeks before spilling the beans ;)