i<3LSOP Posted December 23, 2011 Author Posted December 23, 2011 Props for everyone! Thank you all so much! I love artsy stuff and I have always been (not to brag) but good at drawing. I love all of the suggestions. And BigJon... I'm happy you like dress up.... jk!
Nihil Obstat Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1324598261' post='2356061'] LOTRO free to play online [/quote] DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!
mysisterisalittlesister Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 Hang out with Sr. Mary of the Passion
i<3LSOP Posted December 23, 2011 Author Posted December 23, 2011 [quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1324601449' post='2356098'] Hang out with Sr. Mary of the Passion [/quote] That [i]will[/i] keep me busy....
Oremoose Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 Start vloging that's what I'm doing. that and Photography.
i<3LSOP Posted December 23, 2011 Author Posted December 23, 2011 [quote name='Oremoose' timestamp='1324602968' post='2356109'] Start vloging that's what I'm doing. that and Photography. [/quote] photography is lot's of fun!
Maximilianus Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 You could always take up some kind of 3d art medium, like ceramics or clay. You can make stuff that is nice to look at and that can be used.
arfink Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 Well, I'm a guy, so my suggestions will be for guy-ish hobbies: Learn to solder or weld or learn woodworking, always supremely useful and fun. Learn to write excellent prose. Learn to draw. Learn to program computers. (I started doing this when I was 8, but of course I was also allowed to use the computer as much as I wanted then... you can't learn to program or do anything else constructive with a computer with 1/2 hour a day. You just can't, it's truly impossible. Might as well not even have a computer at that point IMO, but I'm a geek.) You could also take firearms safety and learn to be a good marksman, or barring that get a bow and learn archery. You'll notice I suggest learning things- the best hobbies are ones where you learn stuff.
Oremoose Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1324605715' post='2356139'] You'll notice I suggest learning things- the best hobbies are ones where you learn stuff. [/quote] amen to that!
Sarah147 Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 (edited) Reading books on prayer and on the Saints, especially St. Therese and St. Teresa of Avila. Maybe have a little reading club with friends, even online. Put on some good 'ol jazzy music, like "In the Mood" and dance! Freestyle your version of theater/jazz/ballet! Learn to sing Marian songs. I learned with the FI Sisters and they still come back to me like prayers. I love it! Visit some orders and just become friends, and get an idea of what orders and Sisters are like. Uno!!!!!!!!! Learn the Divine Office prayers for the day. Maybe you could do some volunteering somewhere you enjoy, like the veterinarian, nursing home, shelter, food pantry, Church, hospital, library, school, etc. Go to Adoration with some homeschooler Catholics, and get together afterward for some fellowship and food! Assist the younger kids at your Church if there is some sort of group or teaching time for them. Learn to use some of your freetime to just be free and freely talk to God. Learn simple prayer from the heart if you haven't already. Edited December 23, 2011 by JoyfulLife
Amppax Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 (edited) [quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1324589858' post='2356015'] Dare I ask what widdling is?? I have only ever heard the word in one context and I am certain its not what you mean! [/quote] its correctly spelled whittling. Its carving wood. Edited December 23, 2011 by Amppax
Basilisa Marie Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 I just got back into crocheting. It's nice to do while watching tv or listening to music or something, plus you can make things for people. Or writing or drawing. Those are really good things to get practice with when you're young.
Little Flower Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 Does your church have a youth group? I've made a lot of friends at mine
Totus Tuus Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 [quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1324589858' post='2356015'] Dare I ask what widdling is?? I have only ever heard the word in one context and I am certain its not what you mean! [/quote] HAHAHA "whittling"!!!!! I don't even know what "widdling" means but it's clearly not what I was talking about [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1324594587' post='2356044'] For whatever reason, Tae Kwon Do seems to be one of the worst for McDojos. Not sure exactly what it is about it. [/quote] I always got the impression it was an Americanized art to begin with.[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1324607239' post='2356152'] its correctly spelled whittling. Its carving wood. [/quote] Thank you. I was going by the phonetic spelling. Should have looked it up.[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1324605873' post='2356141'] Sewing keeps me sane. [/quote] It does the opposite to me. Nothing I ever sewed turned out the way it was supposed to.
i<3LSOP Posted December 23, 2011 Author Posted December 23, 2011 (edited) [quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1324657397' post='2356382'] HAHAHA "whittling"!!!!! I don't even know what "widdling" means but it's clearly not what I was talking about Thank you. I was going by the phonetic spelling. Should have looked it up. [/quote] Edited December 23, 2011 by i<3LSOP
ireallylovejesus Posted December 24, 2011 Posted December 24, 2011 I just saw this website. Maybe it would help. There are more suggestions here. [url="http://www.kaboose.com/"]http://www.kaboose.com/[/url]
Byzantine Posted December 24, 2011 Posted December 24, 2011 Youth group definitely. Or you could always take Fr. Tom Loya's idea and [font=times new roman,times,serif][size=8]TAKE OVER THE WORLD FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH![/size][/font]
BG45 Posted December 24, 2011 Posted December 24, 2011 I definitely would say doodling. I've had an ongoing series since I was 5. Wow I'm old... Also seconding running as a good way to pray and exercise. Going nutty here at home without a place to walk for an hour every couple of days....I totally have been misreading your name for months as I <3 SLOP instead of I<3LSOP.
Oremoose Posted December 24, 2011 Posted December 24, 2011 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1324750538' post='2357022'] ...I totally have been misreading your name for months as I <3 SLOP instead of I<3LSOP. [/quote] I have too. but hey people call me oreo so no harm no foul.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now