An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's Festivas For The Restivus!

mysisterisalittlesister

dominicansoul

Frank Costanza: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.

Cosmo Kramer: What happened to the doll?

Frank Costanza: It was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born … a Festivus for the rest of us!

Cosmo Kramer: That must've been some kind of doll.

Frank Costanza: She was.

Happy Festivus everyone!

homeschoolmom

#9 Festivus is misspelled in the subject line. <_<

(By the way, I'm glad you started this thread... yeah, I know... Not a grievence...)

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1324680739' post='2356535']
[img]http://aofg.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/humanfund.jpg[/img]

Grievences:
1. This belongs in Open Mic. <_<
2. Target is way too crowded today. <_<
3. My house is not self-cleaning. <_<

says the guy who drinks appletinis. <_<
[/quote]I love you :love:

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1324680650' post='2356532']
MY GRIEVANCE # 1

ARDILLACID DRINKS LIKE A CHICK.
[/quote]stfu mojito man

#10 The drugstore didn't have dark chocolate covered almonds so my mom is getting a candy bar for Christmas instead. :mad:

#11 I can't stand it when people drive in the dim light with nothing but parking lights on! Sometimes, nothing at all!

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1324695449' post='2356670']
#11 I can't stand it when people drive in the dim light with nothing but parking lights on! Sometimes, nothing at all!
[/quote]

In Minnesota you get broadsided for doing this. Seriously, if you don't have your headlights on and there is even the slightest hint of snow in the air SOMEONE WILL PLOW RIGHT INTO YOU.

Festivus gripe #something: I work in a grocery store where Christmas is all about having lines for checkout from the front of the store to the back, and people in produce fighting over oranges and pineapples and crabby old men ramming displays with shopping carts because "The aisles are too G-d damm small to drive through!"

Festivus gripe # Something + 1... The spelling on this board - I don't think I have to name names... you should know who you are.

Festivus gripe # Something + 2... The capitalization on this board - or lack thereof... again, I think you know who you are...

Let's clean it up, people!

mysisterisalittlesister

Ok, so, my family literally celebrates Festivus. We have a stainless steel pole that we air our grievances at and dinner is meat loaf, fake mashed potatoes, soup, marble rye bread, and black and white cookies. The person who had the best grievence wins a can of peaches.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1324738128' post='2356947']
NO SOUP FOR YOU

OK, wrong episode, but always post-worthy nonetheless.
[/quote]

rotfl I saw that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

homeschoolmom

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1324735431' post='2356938']
Ok, so, my family literally celebrates Festivus. We have a stainless steel pole that we air our grievances at and dinner is meat loaf, fake mashed potatoes, soup, marble rye bread, and black and white cookies. The person who had the best grievence wins a can of peaches.
[/quote]
:love: You should have chicken salad in there somewhere... or make-your-own pizza!

MissScripture

[/quote]
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "fake mashed potatoes?"

Also, my husband and I were once told in pre-marriage counseling that we reminded the guy talking to us of Seinfeld. I really hope he liked Seinfeld. :unsure:

[/quote]

That sounds amesome!!! :dance2:

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1324746027' post='2356981']
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "fake mashed potatoes?"

Also, my husband and I were once told in pre-marriage counseling that we reminded the guy talking to us of Seinfeld. I really hope he liked Seinfeld. :unsure:
[/quote]

I bet she means mashed parsnips or cauliflower.

Recipe for [url="http://www.food.com/recipe/fake-mashed-potatoes-cauliflower-70391"]Fake Mashed Potatoes[/url] (using cauliflower)

Recipe for [url="http://www.lifeasaplate.com/2010/11/03/garlic-mashed-parsnips/"]Fake Mashed Potatoes [/url](using parsnips which are basically white carrots)

I've had both of them, and I definitely prefer the parsnips to the cauliflower. It has a better flavor in my opinion. ;)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae