An Old School Catholic Message Board

Its Already Christmas Eve

MarieLynn

For me I will be working the evening shift at my work (and possibly covering closing for my one coworker). Then home for a quick nap and dinner with my family. We'll probably have egg nog and cookies for dessert and hang our stockings. Then a little bit of time before I go and pick up my two good friends for Midnight Mass. My one friend drove last year so I volunteered this year. Mass will probably end at 3am. I will drop my friends off at their houses and then head home to crash for a few hours.
Christmas morning I'll open presents with my parents. We'll end up calling my sister who now lives out of state, my grandmother and a couple of my aunts. After that it is time for another nap for me before I help out with dinner.

This morning I took my dog and my grandfather's dog out for a walk then in the afternoon me and my family went to the cinema. I went to Mass in the evening but sadly they wouldn't come with me this year. Tomorrow we'll open presents at home in the morning before going to my grandfather's to cook lunch - our oven is really too small for a turkey. We usually spend the day playing board games and we'll probably take the dogs for another walk.

I went to the First Mass of Christmas with my parents tonight. It was proceeded by a short service of readings and carols, so to my delight I was able to sing almost all my favourite Christmas hymns. Two moving moments of the Mass: seeing a very small altar girl carrying the baby Jesus to the crib at the time of the blessing (he was almost as big as she was!) and being able to kneel alone in front of the crib after communion.

Then I wrapped my gifts for my family (well, my mum wrapped them for me - I'm disabled and not too good with my hands) and now they're under the tree. We will open our presents together tomorrow - me, my parents, my nana, and my brother. After that will come a trip to my aunt and uncle's to meet the rest of the family, and then dinner. The table is already set and looking beautiful.

I am going to set some time aside for silent prayer and a solitary walk. :love: Merry Christmas everyone.

"For while gentle silence enveloped all things, and night in its swift course was now half gone, your all-powerful word leaped from heaven, from the royal throne." - Wisdom 18:14-15.

AccountDeleted

I did things I didn't expect as I had two phone calls last night one before Mass from my sister and one when I got back from Mass from a friend in England.

Then today I had no expectation of anything special being on TV except a repeat of last night's Christmas Carols in Melbourne (every year), but the Papal Midnight Mass was on TV so I spent nearly two hours watching that - and it was beautiful!

I will spend time reciting the Office and praying today and I am also making a turkey dinner (frozen turkey breast). It is very peaceful and relaxing. Like having time off in the convent! :)