An Old School Catholic Message Board

Felician Come And See

LaPetiteSoeur

LaPetiteSoeur

Since I love, love, love the Felicians (they taught me in high school and were--and still are--incredibly helpful in my discernment), I thought I'd share their come and see dates with everyone.

Jan 2-7, 2012
Pomona, CA

Jan 27-29, 2012
San Antonio, TX

Feb 10-12 Chicago

March 4-10
Buffalo, NY
TBA for LI!!!
June 17-23, 2012
Mooncrest, PA

April 20-23, 2012
Miss, Canada

For more information:

Their website:

http://feliciansisters.org/

The blog of a recent first professed sister
http://graced-days.blogspot.com/

The blog of a novice
http://sistalogue.blogspot.com/

carmenchristi

I thought I'd just bump this topic up because I recently spent a couple weeks at the Felician Sisters' general house in Rome, and I absolutely loved them. They are def. worth checking out for anyone who is discerning. True, the average age is a bit older than in some new, very flourishing orders, but these sisters struck me as wonderful, faithful, authentic and charitable women! Give it a go!

These are a great group of sisters with a rich heritage. I got to know many of them when I was a sister and we used to have formation gatherings with their novices and the Franciscans Sisters of the Eucharist novices. What fun times! Great to see the blogs too, they need to get their name out their in the blogosphere!

Indwelling Trinity

Laughing... Felicians scare the Bjeezuz out of me! I had them in grade school back in the late 60's... wanna talk about strict? Well it couldn't have been all bad... i did wind up a Carmelite if that counts for anything! Probably not, LOL. What i do remember is that they were very orthodox in their teaching and very Polish at that time... LOL. I remember as an 8th grader being asked to sit with them in the garden while they recreated and i think all but three words were in Polish. The Felicians i had were from Enfield CT... However on the good side... they kept me straight and i remember some of the sisters being lovingly supportive at a time when my family was in great difficulty and my youngest sister was in danger of dying. They dried many of my tears at that time when i could not go to my parents as they too were grieving.

I am wondering was their foundress Mother Angela Truzkowska beatified? I believe they are a form of third order Franciscans taking St. Felix of Cantalice as their patron.

Can you tell me anything about Him?

Edited by Indwelling Trinity

• 1 year later...

While this response is a "bit" late (given the 2012 post), know that St. Felix of Cantalice gives the Felicians a

wonderful model of a life of service to the poor--in addition to their Franciscan heritage!  I left the community

before first vows, but will always cherish the time I spent with them.  Know, however, that they have undergone

complete restructuring (single US province, novitiate, council, etc.).  The beautiful habit is now optional and

motherhouses are now called "central convents."  Secularization is increasing...while vocations are decreasing.

I sadly fear for their future.

"Perfection should not depend on extraordinary things, but on a common life lived in an uncommon way.  Whatever

they will do, let them do perfectly so that it may be said of them what was said of Christ: 'He has done everything

well.'"       Bl. Mary Angela Truszkowska, Felician Foundress

Totally Franciscan

Pia Jesu, Welcome!  Just wanted to say that your avatar is my favorite picture of Jesus.  I have it here next to my computer and often pray to him through this image.  When I was working as a medical transcriptionist and a report would come up of someone in dire condition, I would pray for them through this image.  God bless!

Since I love, love, love the Felicians (they taught me in high school and were--and still are--incredibly helpful in my discernment), I thought I'd share their come and see dates with everyone.

I went to a Felician high school too!

I am wondering was their foundress Mother Angela Truzkowska beatified?

Yes. I think she's even included at Mass.

Yes...the image of Jesus is beautiful!  As far as Felician "news"...you can log on:

www.felicianvocations.blogspot.com

Scroll down "Pages" to "Life in the Novitiate"!  There is a photo of Sr. Desiree (who will make 1st. vows next

month in Rio Rancho.

This is off topic and I apologize but in regards to the "Sacred Heart" picture, I actually spoke to the artist last month, Joseph Fanelli.  He is painting an Immaculate Heart of Mary that should be ready at the end of the summer he thinks.  Here is his web site.   This too is my favorite "Sacred Heart" picture and I told Mr. Fanelli the reason why is because he made Jesus look so "manly" as opposed to the older depictions of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. 

Okay, back to the Felician Sisters!  Sorry....

Thank you so much for Fanelli's link!  I didn't realize that the image was available (framed) like that...and

so look forward to seeing his painting of the Immaculate Heart of Mary!  It must have been so interesting

to speak with the artist himself!

Back to the Felicians...the current sisters in formation have quite a different experience than I did--when

each province kept the postulants and novices within their own motherhouse.  They are given many op-

portunities to experience active ministry (throughout the U.S.A.).  A central novitiate has advantages--

which I'll leave to another thread.