Aloysius Posted May 16, 2004 Posted May 16, 2004 Quietfire, go to RCIA where you can, but learn here at PhatMass as well. read stuff in the reading room and ask questions in Apologetics and/or the debate table and open mic. Let's use PhatMass to transform this nation's church away from heterodoxy and into orthodoxy, the way the Church is supposedta be. inno, that's kinda right in a sense. orthodox Catholics should be looking for heterodox parishes to transform bringing about fidelity and loyalty! (i don't use liberal/conservative because some people get offended if they have liberal economic political views and that's not much my concern, heterodox and orthodox fit much better when talking religiously anyway (although i do enjoy a good Mother Angelica fightin the liberals!)) Pax Out
Donna Posted May 17, 2004 Posted May 17, 2004 [b]Pedrox[/b], where'd you hear that about Therese (refusing extra-curriculum penance)? [b]Redhead[/b], I'm confused: you are single, yes? [b]Quietfire[/b]: I disagree w/ Al. At least for the present. I'd be quite concerned about which RCIA I attended. And, I'd opt out if no places were sound. Do you know and TRUST any Catholic soul in your area to guide you through this? When I say "opt out", I mean learning the doctrine on my own, via catechism's and tapes of sound instruction, and showing up on the doorstep of some sound parish to beg admittance to Holy Church! Stranger things've happened. I know one person who only had to take about one-forth of RCIA because of listening extensively to a fundamentals of Catholicism series, and being queried on it by the priest/teacher before being admitted to the class. This person, simply by repeated hearings of these tapes and reading, engaged the priest/teacher w/ advanced questions about the Faith. Hey! Ask St. Anthony to help you find a resolution! I will, too. (He's the patron of lost articles; but he can find anything, dear Anthony of God). Ora pro Quietfire (and Redhead!), St. Anthony...
Lil Red Posted May 17, 2004 Author Posted May 17, 2004 [quote name='Donna' date='May 15 2004, 02:08 AM'] Redhead, you already know you must prepare yourself re: future/husband/parish. The heartache so many of us go through... Don't give up on praying. But, this is quite a cross. Because you are the Catholic, not your possible-to-be-husband; and the rcia deal, too. These back-of-your-head worries on top of the present sorrow of your diocese. People have actually moved - even to bum hick-ville towns - to have a solid parish. Do you ask God to become willing to do whatever you must to keep the Faith? [/quote] i really feel that I am in my present position to really help my church and it's youth stay on track (if you will) with the "right" Catholicism. Thanks for all the prayers, peeps. It really helps.
Lil Red Posted May 17, 2004 Author Posted May 17, 2004 stoopid double posts. urgh! Donna, I am married, 2+ years now.
Lil Red Posted May 17, 2004 Author Posted May 17, 2004 [quote name='inno' date='May 16 2004, 01:46 PM'] Wow, i cannot absolutely believe that i am reading this thread because this was what the homily was about this morning at Mass. Father spoke about the Holy Spirit and how the Spirit continually works through people and in the strangest ways. He addressed how it is overlooked how the 12 disciples were blessed with the Holy Spirit through their arguing. He pointed out how the 12 disciples were a bunch of random guys and these argues ARGUED a lot but they also prayed a lot for answers and this was the Holy Spirit working within them. Father also addressed the danger of today's church. The danger of a segregation. He said that 30 years ago, liberal and conservative Catholics all sat with each other and nowadays you have liberals and conservatives looking for liberal and conservative churches and are afraid of a confrontation and NOT ALLOWING the HOLY SPIRIT to work within them. We are all Catholics regardless of conservative and liberal, and by splitting us up could very well be a mistake. Just my 2 cents for the morning and thought today's homily was extrememly appropiate for this topic have a great day and GOD BLESS! [/quote] inno, this isn't about liberal vs. conservative. this is about serious liturgical abuses that are happening all over! and about priests and bishops that aren't listening/don't care that they are overstepping themselves! when they start thinking that they are above Rome, something is wrong!
Lil Red Posted May 17, 2004 Author Posted May 17, 2004 [quote name='Aloysius' date='May 16 2004, 01:53 PM'] by the way, don't move away, have everyone in PhatMass move to your area! PhatMass is supposedta be a grassroots movement for orthodoxy in the Catholic Church, right? well let's start! Move in some orthodox people who won't stand for it! the more and more people they get complaining, the more and more they'll havta listen! [/quote] Al, what a great idea! hey peeps, my state sure is a great place!!!! You should come here!!!!! Help a sista out!!!!!!
Donna Posted May 18, 2004 Posted May 18, 2004 Redhead, then I suggest the Holy Face prayers for your parish situation. But if you do them, get ready: the (blank) is going to fly, and it could well hit a Rehead or two.
BLAZEr Posted May 18, 2004 Posted May 18, 2004 Donna . . . the Holy Face prayers? I need them for my parish . . . where can I find them???
PedroX Posted May 18, 2004 Posted May 18, 2004 Donna, I've seen it a couple of places, I'll try and look it up and PM you. It might be in the book on mortification I just finished... Quietfire, Be very careful of RCIA. It can be a great introduction to the church, or it could confuse you more. Read all you can, and pray even more. God, the BVM and St. Joseph the Protector will guard and guide you. peace...
Lil Red Posted May 18, 2004 Author Posted May 18, 2004 Quietfire, I ditto what PedroX has said. I would rather move to a different state with great RCIA than have my hubby go through weak RCIA where when he comes home, I have to say, no, this is how it actually is. Do you really want to be confused like that and have to second guess everything?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now