An Old School Catholic Message Board

For My Adopted Daughter

AccountDeleted

AccountDeleted

Please pray for my adopted daughter. I adopted her at age seven and she had a lot of issues from having been abused as a child, so when she became a teenager, she got very angry at everything and finally left home at 18. We have basically been estranged since then (the past five years) although from time to time she contacts me via email to touch base.

She joined the army, got married and now has a baby (nearly a year old). She knows I am going to be in the States in just over a week. I think she wants to show off her baby to me but has mixed feelings about catching up with me in person for many reasons. We have exchanged a couple of emails about it and she has said that perhaps we could meet at my hotel just before I fly back to Australia so I have said that would be great and asked her to call me once I am there.

Please pray that she will find the courage to meet with me (and not back out) and that our relationship can be restored to one of love and affection for each other. She is a really wonderful person who has had a tough time and doesn't know how to maintain a healthy parent/child attachment so I would be thrilled if we could even just become friends instead of mother and daughter! Thank you :pray: