An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Video Of Rsms

Carolyn

Hi, everyone. For those who are interested, here is a new video of final professions of the RSM of Alma.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjVUP-oZrZE&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjVUP-oZrZE&feature=player_embedded[/url]

Strictlyinkblot

Great video 'Lord, I'll do whatever you want, just don't let me be a nun'. Heehee. I know exactly what she means.

Too funny! I was just going to post this very same video the other night but forgot! Even though the Lord was not calling me there, they are very much a beautiful order and I hope they receive many more vocations. :)

Their habits are so interesting! I've never seen one like it before.

It was so sweet to hear from their parents as well and see how loving and supportive they were.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1326713918' post='2369921']
Their habits are so interesting! I've never seen one like it before.

It was so sweet to hear from their parents as well and see how loving and supportive they were.
[/quote]/

What I found so interesting was the fact that the postulants wear the same type of habit dress that the novices and professed Sisters do. I'd never seen that before. Most of the time, you see aspirants or postulants wearing a jumper or the vest/skirt outfit. Also, the incoming postulants are given the habit pattern and they have to make a certain number (unsure of what it is) of dresses before their entrance. They are very pretty habits in real life -- very feminine.

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1326727464' post='2369954']
Wait how many different color habits do they have?
[/quote]

There are three different colors:

Navy Blue -- daily work dress
Black -- solemnities, professions, Sundays
Light Blue Pinstripe -- summer and other hot days

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1326720557' post='2369927']
Gosh, these vocation videos are [i]good[/i]. Even I kind of want to be a RSM now! :hehe2:
[/quote]

I know what you mean. Since I discerned out of them a month ago, I haven't given them much thought. Somehow, last night, I ended up on their website and saw the video. I had tears streaming down my face. They really are a beautiful order but I am sure that it is not where God wants me. :)

Queen'sDaughter

What a lovely video! It is so interesting to see how the Church has religious orders for every walk of life. I didn't know there was an order that required this kind of education in all of the sisters, and that is beautiful to see. The Church goes from the Franciscans and Missionaries of Charity working with the poorest of the poor to these sisters working in the highly educated arenas. The Church truly does care for everybody!

:smile2:

Sister said everyone receives their vocation at Baptism. Wow!

I wish I had been raised Catholic as it would be easier to know my vocation for sure. Edited by JoyfulLife

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1326730124' post='2369978']

I wish I had been raised Catholic as it would be easier to know my vocation for sure.
[/quote]

Yes, because I'm so certain of what my vocation is, sigh! I know she's right but just because its given to us doesn't mean its revealed until God is ready. We'll get there phamily

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1326730124' post='2369978']

I wish I had been raised Catholic as it would be easier to know my vocation for sure.
[/quote]

I was raised Catholic and had no idea about my vocation. I still can't be 100% sure! There is never a sure path to religious life or the priesthood. God calls when He calls.