An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is (Are) Your Favorite Prayer(S)?

LaPetiteSoeur

LaPetiteSoeur

Because VS is freakishly quiet, and has been for an hour or so (and it is daylight in the US!), I thought we needed a very interactive thread.

So. What is (or are) your favorite prayer(s)? Why?

The prayer which begins the Divine Liturgy and all formal prayers, the prayer to the Holy Spirit:
[i]Heavenly King, Comforter, Spirit of Truth, who is in all places and fills all things, treasury of blessings and giver of life, come and abide in us and cleanse us from all impurity, and save our souls, O Good One.[/i]

and one of the nighttime prayers:
[i]Eternal God and king of all creation, you have counted me worthy to reach this hour. Lord, forgive me the sins which I have committed this day in thought, word and deed. Cleanse my humble soul from every stain of flesh and spirit. Grant, Lord, that I may pass through the sleep of this night in peace. Let me rise from my bed and praise your holy Name all the days of my life, vanquishing the material and immaterial enemies that fight against me. Deliver me, Lord, from the vain thoughts that pollute me and from evil desires. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory, of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.[/i]

[i]:)[/i]

This is one I learned from the Sisters whom I visited. They pray it every morning, it is such a beautiful and wonderful way to start the day.
“Mary, my Mother. Live in me. Act in me. Speak in and through me. Think your thoughts in my mind. Love, through my heart. Give me your dispositions and feelings. Teach, lead and guide me to Jesus. Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior. Possess my soul. Take over my entire personality and life. Replace it with yourself. Incline me to constant adoration and thanksgiving. Pray in me and through me. Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.” ~Blessed John Paul II

Strictlyinkblot

The Memorare for emergency situations when I only have time to send up a quick prayer. Rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet when I have more time. And the Rosary of the Holy Wounds of Our Lord - 'Eternal Father, I offer you the wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our souls' on the Our Father beads and 'My Jesus pardon and mercy through the merits of Thy Holy Wounds'

FutureSister2009

The Memorare is one of my favorites. Almost every prayer to Mary I love. And the novena to St. Therese too. I've gotten some intercessions through that novena

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1327623012' post='2375913']
The Memorare is one of my favorites. Almost every prayer to Mary I love. And the novena to St. Therese too. I've gotten some intercessions through that novena
[/quote]

I love the novena to St. Therese too. And The Storm Novena to the Child of Prague.

[i]Most High, glorious God, enlighten the darkness of my heart. Give me true faith, certain hope and perfect charity, sense and knowledge that I may carry out Your Holy and true command. [/i]

I love the Rosary and I enjoy praying the Little Flower's chaplet.
Many chaplets have been said specifically for my pham on here. ;)

Divine Mercy Chaplet, especially in Adoration.

The Rosary :love:

I love the "repetitive" prayers because they allow me to quietly sink into the mystery of His love and Presence.

I love Litanies. I find the rhythm very comforting, but it's not so repetitive that I can't focus, which is a problem I have with the Rosary.
I love praying in Adoration. I haven't been able to go for several weeks now and I can't wait to go this week.

My favorite prayer of all is the Hail Mary. I love how powerful that little prayer is!

I think my 2nd favorite is the Divine Praises. Talking about God and all of His angels and saints. I love saying it in front of the Blessed Sacrament. :)