An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fcc And The Carmelites...

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Oh my goodness that is so complicated.

Edit: I wrote 'goodmess' - appropriate :)

Edited by marigold

[quote name='berenike' timestamp='1327748345' post='2376510']Don't confuse language and rite or "form" of rite! The "ordinary" way of saying the Ordinary Form should really be Latin (cf. e.g. [i]Sacrosanctum Concilium[/i], the constitution of the Second Vatican Council on the liturgy). Equally, the Extraordinary Form would still be the Extraordinary Form even if it were celebrated in a vernacular translation - Slovenian or whatever.[/quote]

[size=4]Yeah no, what got my attention in "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1 weeks cycle of the Hours in Latin" was "1 weeks cycle" which I've only ever heard of the old rite Office having. Yes, several Carmels in the US pray the full 4 weeks cycle LOTH in Latin .. Buffalo, Alexandria, Brooklyn, Wichita & Morristown Carmels. But wow, that is super interesting what you wrote! So many variations! :stars: .. :hehe: Thanks for sharing! :)[/font][/color][/size]

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Yes, it is the Extraordinary form, she wants it in the old rite. Yes, it narrows it down... But that's her problem, LOL :P

Praised be Jesus Christ! Okay I'm posting again here. I feel a little bad for changing the subject a bit to the Divine Office :oops:

So one question I've been thinking .. any chance that since the Novice Mistress was so surprised you were 13 that they might reconsider how long you have to wait to enter? Well, of course that's just appearances. But seriously maybe after they get to know you better they would. There are a good number of Carmels that will accept postulants at 17 or 18. Some young women can be very mature and very much ready to enter by that age. I can understand some reasons to wait, but I am more in favor of going when the Lord calls, especially if you felt the call very early on. Anyway, God's will in everything! :pray:

Edited by Chiquitunga

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1328028328' post='2378315']
Praised be Jesus Christ! Okay I'm posting again here. I feel a little bad for changing the subject a bit to the Divine Office :oops:

So one question I've been thinking .. any chance that since the Novice Mistress was so surprised you were 13 that they might reconsider how long you have to wait to enter? Well, of course that's just appearances. But seriously maybe after they get to know you better they would. There are a good number of Carmels that will accept postulants at 17 or 18. Some young women can be very mature and very much ready to enter by that age. I can understand some reasons to wait, but I am more in favor of going when the Lord calls, especially if you felt the call very early on. Anyway, God's will in everything! :pray:
[/quote]
Well, I think that they would. The NM told me a while back that to enter there you must be graduated, 18, and have work experience and/or 2 years of college so that you understand the life that you are giving up as well as the life you are entering. They usually only take live-ins if they are 18, if I can remember correctly. But they really treat each case person by person, so I don't know! :) It's all in the hands of God.

Sorry, I didn't even see this until now!