An Old School Catholic Message Board

A.m.d.g

Deus te Amat

My dear friends in Christ,

I pray that something here helps you, wherever you are, as it has helped me to say it.

I don't know what the churches you attend are like, but at my school, we are blessed with some very amazing homilists, and this morning's homily was one of the best I've yet heard. It was a simple homily, exploring the reading from 1 Corinthians calling us to give over our anxiety, no matter our state in life. Father said that anxiety is bred from the "sin of not wanting" -- the fear and apprehension of handing one's will to God and stepping into the unknown. Our inability to make an irreversible, decisive, choice.

Put in those terms, I've struggled with that sin for as long as I can remember. I am one of the least committal people I know.

He continued, urging us to rely on God's love and mercy. To trust the past to God's mercy and the future to His glory. He has a plan for our sanctification, and if we let Him, He will lead us there. If we are caught up in the "what-ifs" and "perhaps" of impossible scenarios, we lose sight of the tangible glory of what's in front of us. When you see a lion in a locked cage, and fail to restrain your imagination and get caught up in scenes of the lion jumping through the bars, you become immobilized by fear of an impossible reality. Instead of living your life, you are caught in a fantasy.

I don't know if that reiteration made sense, but it reminded me of what a very wise friend of mine once said -- You can't see more clearly in the dark what you first saw in the light. The questions and obstacles obstructing what you realize interiorly, with certainty, is just that, a fantasy bred of too much World.

How much He must love you, to want you THIS much. And how much He must Want you, for the devil to work this hard to take you away.

Be strong, my friends, and seek Him. Place your Heart in His hands, and sink into His embrace. It's hard, and it will be harder. But I ask you, Did you expect pursuing God to be easy? Do ALL for the Glory and Honor of God.

Please pray for me. I'm finishing up my application to my community, and, God willing, will be entering in August.

God bless you, and may His peace be in your heart,
DtA

That makes a ton of sense. I'm definitely a planner so I very often struggle with letting go. Sometimes the "what ifs" can be a stumbling block for me. I'm slowly beginning to realize that all God needs is my whole hearted "yes" and everything will work out. I just need to "step off the cliff" and trust that He will be there to catch me. Don't look at the rocks and thorn bushes, look at the One who is waiting for you.
I'll be praying for you DtA!

Good words. I struggle a lot with this too. Still praying for you - and congratulations on making your application :)

1 John 4:18
Perfect love casts out fear

Thank you for these words, DtA. And I am praising God for His goodness; I'm so happy that you are applying! :dance5:

*Dominican high-five!*

Thank you all for your lovely responses! I am praying for you!

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1327883913' post='2377237']
Very good post!
I will pray for you!
[/quote]

Thank you! :proud:

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1327884802' post='2377255']

Beautiful post & I thank you. :) Most days I need to hear this...

Prayers for you, chica. :pray: :amen:
[/quote]

Thanks. God was pushing me to share; I'm glad I listened.

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1327891418' post='2377327']
Prayers for you, DtA!
[/quote]

Woot!

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1327891582' post='2377331']
That makes a ton of sense. I'm definitely a planner so I very often struggle with letting go. Sometimes the "what ifs" can be a stumbling block for me. I'm slowly beginning to realize that all God needs is my whole hearted "yes" and everything will work out. I just need to "step off the cliff" and trust that He will be there to catch me. Don't look at the rocks and thorn bushes, look at the One who is waiting for you.
I'll be praying for you DtA!
[/quote]

Yay! I think God does this to us planners on purpose, to make us realize tht HE is the ultimate planner. Now, if only He hadn't made me competitive... :hehe:

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1327918730' post='2377571']
Good words. I struggle a lot with this too. Still praying for you - and congratulations on making your application :)
[/quote]

Here's hoping I can send it off soon-- I will be praying for you!

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1327931535' post='2377615']
1 John 4:18
Perfect love casts out fear

Thank you for these words, DtA. And I am praising God for His goodness; I'm so happy that you are applying! :dance5:

*Dominican high-five!*
[/quote]

:w00t: We are so blessed.

And don't forget the first part of that quote! "there is no fear in love, for perfect love casts out all fear". Ahhhhhhhh! :nun2:

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1327952389' post='2377774']
Prayers for you. The Beloved is waiting to catch you.
[/quote]

:love:

Edited by Deus_te_Amat

[quote name='hermanita' timestamp='1328044814' post='2378467']
me too!! :blowkiss:
[/quote]

:nun2:

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1328047134' post='2378493']
I love this.

thanks for giving glory to God.

Prayers for your application :pray:
[/quote]

I love you guys. The last thing I need for my application is in the mail!! Hopefully I will be able to send it in soon... Ahhhh.

Does anyone know if they need the psych eval results before they make a decision?

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

I think for an official decision they do need the psych eval results (although from what I have heard unless there is something REALLY wrong upstairs you should be fine....good luck, DtA :P).

Generally it takes the psychiatrist about a month to complete the eval (that's how long mine is taking, anyway).

Good luck! :D