An Old School Catholic Message Board

Death Of A Gay Teenager

[quote name='Dennis Tate' timestamp='1328372539' post='2380856']
If you do a search for the near death experience of Christian Andreason you will find some specific statements on this question that I personally cannot argue with at all!

[url="http://www.allaboutchristian.com/spirituality/index.html"]http://www.allaboutc...lity/index.html[/url]

[b][font=Verdana][color=#990099]What about sexually diverse people?[/color][/font][/b]
[font=Arial][size=2][img]http://www.allaboutchristian.com/spirituality/tunnel_guy.jpg[/img]If this world were to ever find out just a small amount of what sexually diverse (Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual and Transgendered) people are here to do on this planet, there would never be one single wisecrack or hurtful remark made ever again. Instead there would be great respect! People who speak disrespectful things about people of this orientation ... enact judgment, and do so from a place of unenlightenment, insecurity, ego and socially-induced prejudice.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]Some may use mistranslated and/or misunderstood scriptures taught to them, not by the Holy Spirit ... but by fear-filled human beings. Many will choose to sustain a Divinely unsupported, satanic, hate-based rage against these children of God, rather than using Love to bring understanding and healing between both peoples.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2]Christ said, THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT IS THAT WE ARE TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER! When people sling condemnation, judgment and bitterness at others, they are not practicing the great commandment. They are allowing their Souls to fall into darkness." (Christian Andreason, chapter 10)[/size][/font]
[/quote]
I'll trust the inspired words of St. Paul the Apostle on this topic over this Andreason fellow.

But then I'm backwards like that.

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1328277200' post='2380250']
No, yet there is somthing...I have to look through my textbook....that says, if you contributed in any way to what lead to the death of another individual, you are still guilty of murder in some form.

Or maybe not. Maybe I dreamed that. I have to check.
[/quote]
You have to intend the death of that person to be guilty of murder.

southern california guy

I guess the trial will set a precedent of a sort. What will the charges be? Invasion of privacy? Embarrassing your roommate? Seriously the guy and his whatever should have gotten a motel room. It's not considerate to your dorm mate to do that in the dorm room.

[quote name='southern california guy' timestamp='1328387886' post='2380993']
I guess the trial will set a precedent of a sort. What will the charges be? Invasion of privacy? Embarrassing your roommate? Seriously the guy and his whatever should have gotten a motel room. It's not considerate to your dorm mate to do that in the dorm room.
[/quote]

Seriously. My sister can tell some... interesting stories from when she was "sexiled" by roommates. Rude.

[quote name='Maggie' timestamp='1328389573' post='2381006']
Seriously. My sister can tell some... interesting stories from when she was "sexiled" by roommates. Rude.
[/quote]
That was the other thought that came to my mind.
Were I to be fooling around in my dorm room - whether with someone of the opposite or same sex - and discovered that my roommate was recording it, I imagine I'd be weirded out enough to go to the other person's place next time.

I came back to this topic a number of times, starting to respond then thinking better of it. But now I don't feel that I can hold back any longer. Shame on many of you!!!
As I read the responses after reading and re-reading the article, it almost seemed as there was a progression of responses that actually made excuses for this young man that ENTRAPPED his roommate. The young man was intimate with another "person" when his roommate was not at home...NOT in front of him. Would these excuses have been made for the young man who planted the video if the roommate had been having sex with a GIRL??? I really don't think so...
Let the law decide as to whether or not it's appropriate and lawful for a 10 year prison sentence. Let God decide as to what their "eternal" sentence will be. I personally pray that the young man who was DRIVEN to suicide is sitting right next to Our Lord at this moment and I pray that Our Lord is saying, "I'm so sorry my son...". He is an "all loving God", lets not forget....

[quote name='chasmi' timestamp='1328472841' post='2381607']Would these excuses have been made for the young man who planted the video if the roommate had been having sex with a GIRL??? I really don't think so...
[/quote]
No, because it probably would have been a non-issue. I go to a secular university. I don't know of many sexually active guys who would throw themselves off of a bridge if someone found out that he had intercourse with a girl and that it had been recorded. In fact, I would expect the reaction to be more "high fives and beerbongs" than suicide.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1328473836' post='2381615']
No, because it probably would have been a non-issue. I go to a secular university. I don't know of many sexually active guys who would throw themselves off of a bridge if someone found out that he had intercourse with a girl and that it had been recorded. In fact, I would expect the reaction to be more "high fives and beerbongs" than suicide.
[/quote]

I also don't know if Ravi would have acted differently had the guy been straight. Being sexiled is annoying and it's kind of a Johnsonville brat move to just kick your roommate out for hours from his own room with so little notice.