An Old School Catholic Message Board

Whatever Happened To...?

the_rev

Dear phriends,

I do not post often on these boards anymore but do follow them maybe once or twice a week when time permits. Sometimes when I come to the boards I wonder "Well, whatever happened to that discerner?" The answer to that question is probably they made some choice in their discernment and in my absence I do not know what happened to them.

Perhaps you know of previous pm'ers that you ask, whatever happened to them. This could, I suppose, serve as a central thread to ask that question.

Today I am wondering what ever happened to a pmer with a name similar to "DeoOptimaMaximus" I think I have the right person in mind. This person was once in the Glenmary Home Missionaries, was studying maybe at the Pontifical Colelge Josephenum, then he might have went off to Ave Maria University in Florida. I vaguely remember that he desired to begin his own religious order.

If you know of who I am talking about, I ask, whatever happened to him?

Thanks for the help!

Let us pray for one another!

brandelynmarie

In Topic: New Vocations

14 February 2011 - 04:31 PM
Hello!

Please add me back on the list! ( I formerly studied for a religious order, but now am studying for a diocese)

"DeoOptimoMaximo," ----Seminarian Shawn
Diocesan Seminarian, entered Aug 2010.
www.sjvcs.edu (St. John Vianney Seminary)

Thanks & God bless!

-Seminarian Shawn :amen:

Here is his profile link: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/user/3564-deooptimomaximo/"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/user/3564-deooptimomaximo/[/url]

He was last on here in December 2011. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1329641102' post='2389317']
Whatever happened to puellapaschalis??
[/quote]

I think she left when [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/user/3961-veniteadoremus/"]VeniteAdoremus[/url] did. Same with [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/user/7811-osapientia/"]osapientia[/url]. None of them have posted in QUITE a while.

Oh, I must have missed that. I enjoyed reading her thoughtful posts, but I guess in the gap between that and actually joining, that gang disappeared. Well so at least she hasn't entered a convent as far as anybody knows? Thanks MM!

I think PP visited Ryde and realized she did not have a vocation. VA was scheduled to enter LCs community, but cut off contact with them, shut down her blog, and disappeared. The two of them had a Benedictine Dominican thing going, and once they stopped discerning, VS was no longer of interest. Pity, because they wrote beautifully!

MM, is this what you remember, or have I mixed things up?

[quote name='regina_coeli' timestamp='1329675003' post='2389400']
I think PP visited Ryde and realized she did not have a vocation. VA was scheduled to enter LCs community, but cut off contact with them, shut down her blog, and disappeared. The two of them had a Benedictine Dominican thing going, and once they stopped discerning, VS was no longer of interest. Pity, because they wrote beautifully!

MM, is this what you remember, or have I mixed things up?
[/quote]

No, you're absolutely correct. I have no idea what happened between VA and the Dominicans but LC said they completely lost contact. PP did give up discernment after visiting St. Cecilia's Abbey on the Isle of Wight (same order that EmilyAnn is discerning).

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1329676373' post='2389416']
Wow... hope things turned out for them. Thanks for the info guys. :blowkiss:
[/quote]

No problem. :nun1:

I'm fairly sure that PP entered somewhere...

And VA developed a health condition that prevented her from entering. She didn't just disappear, but remains on good terms with the community.

Both are doing well, to my knowledge.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1329682764' post='2389493']
I'm fairly sure that PP entered somewhere...

And VA developed a health condition that prevented her from entering. She didn't just disappear, but remains on good terms with the community.

Both are doing well, to my knowledge.
[/quote]

I was going over PP's old posts and found this which was the one of the [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/97636-pp-update/"]last topics[/url] she made on VS:

[quote]Since leaving the Abbey I have decided to stop actively discerning a vocation to the religious life.[/quote]

Although, that doesn't mean things haven't changed in the past 2 years since she stopped posting. I hope that she found what she was looking for whether that be religious life or something else. ;)

[size=2]I just realized, in that same topic, that I made an a$$ of myself. I was so immature back then and stuck on the Carmelites. :rolleyes:[/size]

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1329684748' post='2389525']
I was going over PP's old posts and found this which was the one of the [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/97636-pp-update/"]last topics[/url] she made on VS:
[/quote]

Without hijacking the thread, I just wanted to say thanks for posting the link to that topic. Reading other people's thoughts on St Cecilia's is really interesting.

Hijacking over!

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1329686270' post='2389544']
Without hijacking the thread, I just wanted to say thanks for posting the link to that topic. Reading other people's thoughts on St Cecilia's is really interesting.

Hijacking over!
[/quote]

:like: