An Old School Catholic Message Board

News From Sister Faith

beatitude

I've been away from home for a while, and I got back to find a little card from Sr Faith waiting for me. She writes that she is settling into the rhythm of life at Notting Hill easily and happily, and she will probably be allowed to start posting here occasionally sometime after Easter. :)

Recently she has had some difficult news - a sister from her former community has died from a terminal illness. Faith has mentioned her on here before; they were close. Please pray for Faith, as grieving in a new place where she is still settling down isn't going to be easy. She says that she's being supported with a lot of kindness from the other nuns, and she is grateful that her friend's death was peaceful and quick. This sister was still able to enjoy her favourite music and communicate with people almost to the last, which Faith was comforted to hear.

I would also like to ask some prayers for myself. It was lovely to find this card waiting for me, as I miss Faith far more than I thought I would. It's odd not to be able to just chat to her - I miss our long conversations (usually interrupted abruptly at some point by Corin getting up to mischief!) and I'm only just realising that we will never have that kind of contact again. I have several friends who are nuns, but I met them when they were already in the monastery, so this loss is a new experience for me.

Thank you for the update. You are not the only one who misses her :( I'm glad she's in a good supportive environment and sorry to hear that the sister passed. I remember when she mentioned that sister, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Do let us know if you hear anything else!

Mary's Margaret

Beatitude, thank-you for sharing Faith's news. It must be so difficult not to have the closure of attending her friend's funeral and sharing grief with others who knew her. The way her new community is supporting her through this time is testimony to the "rightness" of her being there. Praise God.

And prayers for you as you find the friendship you hold in your heart is as real and loving as one that can be seen or heard. God bless you for how you continue to love and support Faith in her journey.

[quote name='beatitude' timestamp='1329078734' post='2385990']
I've been away from home for a while, and I got back to find a little card from Sr Faith waiting for me. She writes that she is settling into the rhythm of life at Notting Hill easily and happily, and she will probably be allowed to start posting here occasionally sometime after Easter. :)

Recently she has had some difficult news - a sister from her former community has died from a terminal illness. Faith has mentioned her on here before; they were close. Please pray for Faith, as grieving in a new place where she is still settling down isn't going to be easy. She says that she's being supported with a lot of kindness from the other nuns, and she is grateful that her friend's death was peaceful and quick. This sister was still able to enjoy her favourite music and communicate with people almost to the last, which Faith was comforted to hear.

I would also like to ask some prayers for myself. It was lovely to find this card waiting for me, as I miss Faith far more than I thought I would. It's odd not to be able to just chat to her - I miss our long conversations (usually interrupted abruptly at some point by Corin getting up to mischief!) and I'm only just realising that we will never have that kind of contact again. I have several friends who are nuns, but I met them when they were already in the monastery, so this loss is a new experience for me.
[/quote]

I can certainly relate. My "right hand" Discerner-Cooperator's birthday is today, and she is celebrating it as an extern postulant at the PCCs of Ellesmere: [url="http://cloisters.tripod.com/uk_pcc_ellesmere/"]http://cloisters.tripod.com/uk_pcc_ellesmere/[/url]

We are still trying to regain our equilibrium, as she was part of just about every facet of Cloister Outreach. We get them trained, then they move on! (Not complaining).

Blessings,
Gemma

FutureCarmeliteClaire

That is simply wonderful. I have been procrastinating my letter to her. I really need to send it.

Praying for you and her.

[quote name='Gemma' timestamp='1329135168' post='2386244']
I can certainly relate. My "right hand" Discerner-Cooperator's birthday is today, and she is celebrating it as an extern postulant at the PCCs of Ellesmere: [url="http://cloisters.tripod.com/uk_pcc_ellesmere/"]http://cloisters.tri..._pcc_ellesmere/[/url]

We are still trying to regain our equilibrium, as she was part of just about every facet of Cloister Outreach. We get them trained, then they move on! (Not complaining).

Blessings,
Gemma
[/quote]

That's quite an horarium that the PCC Sisters in Ellesmere maintain. Good to see you posting again, Gemma!

Good news that Sr Faith is settling down well. Prayers for her and may she know every consolation in grieving her friend. Prayers for you also, beatitude - I have never had a close friend leave for monastic life and it must be a loss experience indeed.