An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Trouble With Angels

inunionwithrome

inunionwithrome

You all should see this movie and it's sequel. "Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows" These are timeless classics and may lighten up as you search for your vocation. :nun1: :angel:

mysisterisalittlesister

I love The Trouble With Angels!!! But honestly, I can't stand the second one :(

Haylie Mills stars in it

TTWA has actually been recommended for discernment, since Hayley's character shows herself being attracted to convent life. That scene has been isolated on youtube. I'd had plans for putting it on our site.

Blessings,
Gemma

Have you ever read the book that it is based on? Its called "Life With Mother Superior" by Jane Trahey. Its a pretty good book but very hard to find

I always thought the second movie should have been about Haley Mills's character going through formation! Now that would be great!

It would. I was very sad it was something else. Trouble with Angels was before Vatican II happen and the second one was after Vatican II happen.

Another good movie/series regarding convent life before and after Vatican II is the Australian production, "[b]Brides of Christ[/b]."

Among others, it stars a very young Russell Crowe.

It is a really engrossing series that takes a frank look at the changes that occured in society and the church during the Vatican II period.

"Brides of Christ" was a very balanced account of how things were both pre Vat ll and during the transition
[quote name='Libcath2000' timestamp='1329498886' post='2388506']
Another good movie/series regarding convent life before and after Vatican II is the Australian production, "[b]Brides of Christ[/b]."

Among others, it stars a very young Russell Crowe.

It is a really engrossing series that takes a frank look at the changes that occured in society and the church during the Vatican II period.
[/quote]

"Brides of Christ" was a much more balanced view of how things evolved both pre Vat ll and during the transition than some other productions that were released. It told it as it was, - how it affected the older sisters who had been in RL for many years, and how some resisted the changes, and also of the younger sisters who embraced these changes wholeheartedly. A great movie/series if you can get your hands on it. I think Amazon may still have it.