An Old School Catholic Message Board

For All You Carmelites Out There...

IamMyBeloveds

IamMyBeloveds

Here is a new video about the Brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. I got the information from the website of the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus, the order I am re-entering this June. Enjoy!
Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Pray for us!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb06xh8NV7A[/media]

IamMyBeloveds

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1329419338' post='2388021']
Are the Sisters going to use this video on their website, too? Very well done. :)
[/quote]
I'm not sure yet, I sent the link to them and I'm sure they will let me know either way. It's so beautiful to share about the scapular! I always loved the apostolates that the Sisters have, one being working with the elderly. We prayed the rosary with the residents, especially those who were dying, sang the Salve Regina, made sure that those who were Catholic received the Last Rites, and made sure that they had a scapular on before their death. Praying with those who were dying is one of the most beautiful apostolates I can imagine. Making sure they are in the hands of their Mother, Mary with her scapular demonstrating their fiedlity to her Son and to her protection. It's like taking them by the hand and leading them into heaven as best we can. I loved it!

[quote name='IamMyBeloveds' timestamp='1329433486' post='2388152']
I'm not sure yet, I sent the link to them and I'm sure they will let me know either way. It's so beautiful to share about the scapular! I always loved the apostolates that the Sisters have, one being working with the elderly. We prayed the rosary with the residents, especially those who were dying, sang the Salve Regina, made sure that those who were Catholic received the Last Rites, and made sure that they had a scapular on before their death. Praying with those who were dying is one of the most beautiful apostolates I can imagine. Making sure they are in the hands of their Mother, Mary with her scapular demonstrating their fiedlity to her Son and to her protection. It's like taking them by the hand and leading them into heaven as best we can. I loved it!
[/quote]

I really hope they use it! The ministry of praying for the dying is so beautiful! I can't imagine how powerful it is to be in a room with someone who is close to the end and praying for their soul. I think the promise of the Divine Mercy Chaplet is so powerful, as well. Jesus told St. Faustina that if the Chaplet was prayed in the presence of the dying, God would look at their soul through the holes in Jesus' hands, feet, and side. :love:

IamMyBeloveds

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1329760695' post='2390075']
Really beautiful .. :heart: You make a nice videos! :)
[/quote]

Glad you liked it! It's all for His Glory and for Our Lady! :) They are wonderful! All credit to them!