Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

homeschoolmom
Posted

Well? I don't know what I'm doing for my mom...

homeschoolmom
Posted

bttt, I need a good idea...

Posted (edited)

[url="http://ww.1800flowers.com"]http://ww.1800flowers.com[/url]

That's what my wife and I used for our mom in Nashville. Our mom in the Philippines was a little more difficult. ;)

Edited by thicke
Posted

The same thing I do every mothers day. nothing.

theculturewarrior
Posted

I donated to a prolife group in her name.

Posted

I'm not sure yet. My mom is so hard to shop for.

SacredTruth
Posted

I'm getting my mom some candy from the candy store where I work and I'm getting her a gift certificate for a massage at the woman's center. Thats her favorite thing to get from me and my bro!

cmotherofpirl
Posted (edited)

ASK your mother what she wants. Pay no attention if she says nothing.

Get her movie passes, gift certificate to her favorite restaurants, theater tickets, a trip to the local garden center, pay somebody to cut her grass all summer, magazine subscriptions to her favorite mags, an all day shopping trip, send her to a spa, show up and repair anything she needs done, buy her a computer and pay her online bill, make her a scrapbook, take her and her friends to lunch etc.

Do not buy her a refrigerator, dish washer or washing machine, lawn tractor, hockey tickets, fishing tackle, or any knick -knacks she will have to dust unless she [u]specifically[/u] asks for it.

Flowers are good, your presence is even better.


and if you can't be there, send your zillions of pictures for bragging rights :)

Edited by cmotherofpirl
Catholic_4_Life
Posted

I'm going to take my mom to Mass and then take her to Brunch. That night I am going to also cook dinner for her. I'll probably buy her a seraphum Angel as well.

BeenaBobba
Posted

I think I'm going to make my mom a card with drawings and writings in it. I think she'll like it because it's more personal.

God bless,

Jennifer

stargirl3:16
Posted

hmm...i'll get back to you on that...

tnsmittenkitten
Posted

I got her some body stuff from Yves Rocher, then I am making her this trinket box with a picture of St. Therese on it. The day before Mothers Day is my graduation, so we all get to go out for a nice breakfast after the ceremony, which is nice because it is my sister's wedding anniversary as well.

homeschoolmom
Posted

Okay... here's where I get really selfish sounding... PLEASE don't chastise me for it, I already know it... I'm working on it... I'm praying about it.

My mom can be such a downer sometimes... she doesn't really like to go anywhere or do anything... never likes to try anything new... So for me to spend Mother's Day with my own mom is kinda of a downer... Especially when I could spend it with my kids doing something fun as a family... something we don't do often enough... However, I will honor my mother by spending the day with her. But sometimes, I wish I could be the mom on Mother's Day.

tnsmittenkitten
Posted

Aww, that is sad. Too bad there isnt a way to do both. Maybe your husband and kids will make a little lunch to honor both you and your mom. I always did something for my gramma and Godmother on mothers day. I don't think it is selfish at all.

homeschoolmom
Posted

Okay, now I feel bad... spending the day at my mom's isn't that terrible... but aside from playing computer bridge, stuffing bulletins at her church and watching tv, I can't think of anything else that she does. I am planning to have her down here on Sat. and take her to lunch and a movie... but since I never go to movies (seven month old... still won't take a bottle)... What's out there? What movie should we go to?

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua
Posted

I am probably taking my mom out to breakfast...or making her breakfast...which ever she wants.

Pax et Agape per Maria, Andy

JMJ

prov31girl
Posted

Ok, so this sounds kinda corny, but I had to write a Mother's Day poem for my poetry class so I'm gonna put that in the form of a card with an old picture of the two of us on it and make it look real pretty and stuff and I'm surprising her by driving all the way home to see her. :flowers:

cmotherofpirl
Posted

Homeschool ask her what would be a good mothers day for her?

Ash Wednesday
Posted

I'm sorry, but I'm really not looking forward to this Mother's Day, and I dread seeing Mother's Day ads and getting Mother's Day spam in my mailbox.

I'm buying flowers for Mom, and putting them at her grave.

It's the first without her here.

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='May 5 2004, 11:30 AM'] I'm sorry, but I'm really not looking forward to this Mother's Day, and I dread seeing Mother's Day ads and getting Mother's Day spam in my mailbox.

I'm buying flowers for Mom, and putting them at her grave.

It's the first without her here. [/quote]
Gulp... :sadder: I am so sorry. I feel lousy for venting. I love my mom very much and dread the thought of her not being with me. I called her earlier. We are going to lunch and a movie on Saturday. Thanks, Ash Wednesday for the slap in the face I needed. I really do love my mom.

And I'm sorry about your loss...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...