An Old School Catholic Message Board

"mary And Me" - Miracle For Mary Mackillop's Canonization

BarbTherese

I have just finished watching on pay TV (FOXTEL) "Australian Story". It is the story of Kathleen Evans whose lung cancer was cured and accepted by Rome as a miracle in the canonization process of St Mary of The Cross MacKillop, our first Australian saint. Kathleen's miracle cure enabled the canonization process to proceed to the actual canonization of Mary MacKillop, foundress of the Australian Sisters of St. Joseph of The Sacred Heart. The story does conclude with some statements by doctors about the cure.
It is a very moving story by a quite matter of fact type of quite ordinary Australian woman in an extraordinary sort of situation (the miracle/canonization of St. Mary MacKillop) - i.e. Mrs. Kathleen Evans. Her story moved me to tears. She is not at all 'a pious type' as the stereotype of such goes - not at all. Not in the very least. Kathleen's honesty was very refreshing and warming, endearing. It certainly does indicate that The Lord is not at all selective and chooses whomsoever He May for whatever He May.

The transcript of the program is here [url="http://www.abc.net.au/austory/content/2011/s3435273.htm?site=sydney&section=news"]http://www.abc.net.a...ey&section=news[/url]

Those more understanding of computers may be able to locate a copy of the actual archived video program on the site. I was unable to do so.

And if you want a very fast paced story that will put you totally out of breath for all that Mary MacKillop achieved in her lifetime and at an astounding pace with much travel and many difficulties, then read the life story of St. Mary of The Cross MacKillop. It exhausted me totally and at times I doubted I would be able to pursue the story to its conclusion - but the witness Mary MacKillop gives to a constant Faith and trust, serene Charity, in all circumstances, even the worst, held me spellbound.