An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nuns?

Annie12

If you can't find any Sisters near by you then maybe see if there are some Brothers. Obviously there will be differences but my first real exposure to community life was visiting some Dominican Brothers for Vespers and chatting with them afterwards. It helped me truely realize that religious Brothers and Sisters are "real people". It sounds funny but seeing them made me realize they are just normal human beings too.

MarysLittleFlower

I'm sure nuns have different personalities.. the ones I have met, have all been very nice and kind, and probably the most joyful people I've ever met :) (the Sisters of Life)

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1329784861' post='2390333']
All nuns are different! Two of the avvesomest nuns EVAH (in my opinion) have [i]completely [/i]different personalities. [b]One is sarcastic and has an amazing sense of humor, and the other is very shy, adorable, and sweet. [/b]Both are very holy women, but with two totally different personalities. I suggest looking up different orders, like the Little Sisters of the Poor and the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal (I'm very bias :P ) And find the locations of their homes/convents.
[/quote]

I know those Sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol4:

You forgot to mention that the sarcastic one is from the Philippines which is epic...and that the shy one is scared of just about everything. :|

Edited by i<3LSOP

FutureSister2009

[quote name='MarysLittleFlower' timestamp='1329802104' post='2390476']
I'm sure nuns have different personalities.. the ones I have met, have all been very nice and kind, and probably the most joyful people I've ever met :) (the Sisters of Life)
[/quote]

Aren't they great??? When they were here, they were so friendly, like jumping right into conversation and I didn't feel uncomfortable talking to them or anything!

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1329832430' post='2390558']
Aren't they great??? When they were here, they were so friendly, like jumping right into conversation and I didn't feel uncomfortable talking to them or anything!
[/quote]

The Sisters of Life are avvesome! They were at Camp. :smile2:

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1329830082' post='2390545']
I know those Sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol4:

.and that the shy one is scared of just about everything. :|
[/quote]
THAT SOUNDS JUST LIKE ME!!!! :winner: and I am looking in to them!

Edited by Annie12

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1329844023' post='2390652']
THAT SOUNDS JUST LIKE ME!!!! :winner: and I am looking in to them!
[/quote]

You are looking into the Little Sisters of the Poor??? Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance5:

Feel free to PM me about them. I go to one of their homes every week and know a bit about them. :)

^[size=3] edited because I forgot to add in the last part[/size]

Edited by i<3LSOP

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1329940371' post='2391295']
I thought you were talking about the sisters of life. :sorry: But I would be interested in learning about those sisters! :)
[/quote]
LOL, that's okay. No need to blush! :)

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1329940581' post='2391305']
It happens.. :|
[/quote]

What happens confusion or blushing? I blush so easily.