Lil Red Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 Hola!!!!! Me llamo es Cassandra. (my name from spanish class) Que pas?
Catholic_4_Life Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 (edited) Hola! Me llamo es Esteban. I'm going to have to go Mexican today I think!! Los Bravos here I come! WOO HOO!! This was my 100th post! Edited May 5, 2004 by Catholic_4_Life
theculturewarrior Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 Como el hispanofono honorario del foro, pienso que me tengare correctar su español. Quando presentarse, puedes escojar de "Mi nombre es Cassandra," o "Me llamo Cassandra." Cuando alguien dice, "me llamo es Cassandra," de veras esta diciendo, "I call myself is Cassandra." Espero que este serve. Me llaman...El Maestro! hahaha...todavia no!
Lil Red Posted May 5, 2004 Author Posted May 5, 2004 you know, my spanish is rusty, so that's probably why i didn't use the correct forms.
BeenaBobba Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 What does the Cinco de Mayo holiday celebrate? God bless, Jennifer
socalscout Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 Gotta come down here to San Diego to really celebrate. Its a blast!
ilovechrist Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 Me llamo es Strong Bad cinco de mayo is great... spanish food for everybody!
theculturewarrior Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 (edited) [quote]What does the Cinco de Mayo holiday celebrate?[/quote] In 1865, on the fifth of May, Mexican patriots drove out the French. Now that's a holiday! Edited May 5, 2004 by theculturewarrior
theculturewarrior Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 No estoy seguro de como transduce la nombre "Carrie." Quizas es como, Caridad, que significa "Charity."
Catholic_4_Life Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 Okay...so I decided to celebrate this day at my local mexican restaurant. I was about 2/3rds of the way through my meal when found a little black beetle in my Tamale. :dead: I'm happy to report I hadn't eaten any of it yet, but sad to report I was sick afterwards. :ill: I'm thinking about contacting Pixar with a movie idea...."A Bug's Death". :bugeyes:
Iacobus Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='May 5 2004, 02:34 PM'] In 1865, on the fifth of May, Mexican patriots drove out the French. Now that's a holiday! [/quote] I thought it was '62? But if they failed the US would ahve pushed down in '65. We would have earlier except we were kinda enaged. The French were in viloation of the Monore Doctrine. So maybe it was good for the French they fought the Mexicans and not the battlehardened Union forces.
M.SIGGA Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 I've been celebrating all day I had Ceviche for Lunch and I'm going out for Margaritas and Burritos at 5:30! Eating all this Mexican food, tomorrow is gonna be Stinko de Mayo :fluffy air extraction:
Catholic_4_Life Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 [quote name='M.SIGGA' date='May 5 2004, 03:26 PM'] I've been celebrating all day I had Ceviche for Lunch and I'm going out for Margaritas and Burritos at 5:30! Eating all this Mexican food, tomorrow is gonna be Stinko de Mayo :fluffy air extraction: [/quote] Watch for bugs in your food!
yesygerm Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='May 5 2004, 12:34 PM'] In 1865, on the fifth of May, Mexican patriots drove out the French. Now that's a holiday! [/quote] El Cinco de Mayo is celebrated more in the US than in Mexico. Not many Mexicans celebrate it and that's because it's a regional holiday not a nation holiday.
yesygerm Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='May 5 2004, 12:56 PM'] No estoy seguro de como transduce la nombre "Carrie." Quizas es como, Caridad, que significa "Charity." [/quote] El nombre Carrie es traducible. Es Carié.
yesygerm Posted May 5, 2004 Posted May 5, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='May 5 2004, 02:26 PM'] I thought it was '62? But if they failed the US would ahve pushed down in '65. We would have earlier except we were kinda enaged. The French were in viloation of the Monore Doctrine. So maybe it was good for the French they fought the Mexicans and not the battlehardened Union forces. [/quote] Correct! The Battle Of Puebla in 1862.
Lil Red Posted May 5, 2004 Author Posted May 5, 2004 [quote name='Sojourner' date='May 5 2004, 03:49 PM'] I want a margarita ... or a beer or something. [/quote] me too, too bad i have youth group tonight, otherwise i'd go get one right now
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now