An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Thought That This Was Cute

i<3LSOP

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1330004152' post='2391693']
Whoa!That's late. :shock:

The latest I've been on here is until 3AM when I was in chat talking to lilmon.... :hehe:
[/quote]

I blame my housemates. They're both gamers and they tend to stay up really late playing games. One of them has a friend staying with us at the moment and they didn't go to bed until 6AM. Boys are weird.

Well I just hope you're getting all your work done! :rules: To be a nun you've got to sort your debts, to sort your debts you've got to get a job, to get a job you've got to finish your degree, and to finish your degree you've got to sleep right! Probably!

See, only got your best interests at heart, me :)

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1330008145' post='2391706']
I blame my housemates. They're both gamers and they tend to stay up really late playing games. One of them has a friend staying with us at the moment and they didn't go to bed until 6AM. Boys are weird.
[/quote]

This is going to come out as very wrong... but you live in the same building as boys? Just a little bit confused if it's a college dorm, apartment...etc. :)

Oh and do you have a British accent? I love them! When we were in the UK it was lovely to here the pretty sound, unlike the harsh sound of the New Yorkers here. :hehe:

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1330010860' post='2391722']
This is going to come out as very wrong... but you live in the same building as boys? Just a little bit confused if it's a college dorm, apartment...etc. :)

Oh and do you have a British accent? I love them! When we were in the UK it was lovely to here the pretty sound, unlike the harsh sound of the New Yorkers here. :hehe:
[/quote]

We share a house. It used to me, another girl and the two boys but then the other girl left and hasn't found anyone else to rent her room. So it's just me and the boys now.

I sound very English. It's tragic.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1330011369' post='2391727']
We share a house. It used to me, another girl and the two boys but then the other girl left and hasn't found anyone else to rent her room. So it's just me and the boys now.

I sound very English. It's tragic.
[/quote]

That's not tragic! :stubborn:

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1330012046' post='2391731']
That's not tragic! :stubborn:
[/quote]

It is! I sound all posh and annoying. When I lived overseas I sounded more American, it was kind of in between English and American, and I always preferred that accent.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1330010518' post='2391719']
Hehe. I'm taking a break from my degree so no university work for me. :) Though I do need a job now.
[/quote]

Oh! I didn't know you went ahead with the break. How long for?

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1330013976' post='2391738']
Oh! I didn't know you went ahead with the break. How long for?
[/quote]

Until September. I haven't fully signed all the paperwork and stuff yet because I still need to tell my mother. I was going to last weekend but then my grandfather was taken to hospital. He's okay now but at the time it just wasn't the best moment to bring it up. Hopefully I'll have it all sorted next week.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1330014056' post='2391739']
Until September. I haven't fully signed all the paperwork and stuff yet because I still need to tell my mother. I was going to last weekend but then my grandfather was taken to hospital. He's okay now but at the time it just wasn't the best moment to bring it up. Hopefully I'll have it all sorted next week.
[/quote]

Gosh. Is she going to take it ok? And I guess you must have weighed it up and decided it was worth it (with the convent delay) long term?

We can be unemployment buddies :cheers:

EDIT: glad your granddad's ok!

Edited by marigold

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1330014773' post='2391741']
Gosh. Is she going to take it ok? And I guess you must have weighed it up and decided it was worth it (with the convent delay) long term?

We can be unemployment buddies :cheers:

EDIT: glad your granddad's ok!
[/quote]

I don't know how she'll take it. There's a lot to explain but I'm hoping that because I have to share a lot of personal stuff with her to explain it she will understand and it might bring us closer. I've had some emotional problems in the past that I was working through last semester and it's still kind of there so it's the best for both my degree and my discernment. I need to be able to prove not necessarily to my mother or to St Cecilia's but to myself that I've put it behind me so it really is worth it.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1330015377' post='2391742']
I don't know how she'll take it. There's a lot to explain but I'm hoping that because I have to share a lot of personal stuff with her to explain it she will understand and it might bring us closer. I've had some emotional problems in the past that I was working through last semester and it's still kind of there so it's the best for both my degree and my discernment. I need to be able to prove not necessarily to my mother or to St Cecilia's but to myself that I've put it behind me so it really is worth it.
[/quote]

Well, so it's not a post-Christmas whim then! Good. I will be praying for you in an especially special way (as Faith would say :)) since "Mothers!" has been a big part of my own recent experience. And good for you for taking the initiative to tackle your problems. :flex: May God bless it.

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1330016411' post='2391748']
Well, so it's not a post-Christmas whim then! Good. I will be praying for you in an especially special way (as Faith would say :)) since "Mothers!" has been a big part of my own recent experience. And good for you for taking the initiative to tackle your problems. :flex: May God bless it.
[/quote]

Oh no, I've been thinking about this for a while now.

Thank you very much.