An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Quick Comparison

the lumberjack

Katholikos

Rah, rah, sis boom bah, Cmom! Cmom!

The inadequacies of English is a major problem for translators.

I cringe when Protestants parse every word as if the Bible were written in English.

phatcatholic

[quote name='Katholikos' date='May 6 2004, 10:05 AM'] Brother Phatcatholic: :) [/quote]
i'll take that to mean that you accept my explanation :cool:

RandomProddy

[quote name='ironmonk' date='May 6 2004, 01:35 AM'] Faith does not produce works [/quote]
Works without faith is pointless and faith without works is dead. They go hand-in-hand.

the lumberjack

[quote]People can have good works without faith.

In the NT came a New Law... the Law of Christ...[/quote]

yes, people can have good works without faith...but they are in vain if not done out of faith...

and could you show me...ANYWHERE, where CHRIST set out His law? you know, like in any of the law books of the OT?

---------

and likos,

I'm sure that you think the bible was originally written in latin... :cyclops:

-----------

but really...does ANYONE have any other areas to post anything RELEVANT?

or will this just turn into another topic TRYING to make this poor, dumb protestant understand the host...?

thats the only thing I've seen...I mean, c'mon...I started off wanting to just do short comparison of doctrine...beliefs...not go in depth again about the host.

God bless.

One of them... (I don't have time to cover them all right now)

[b]St. John 13:34 [/b][b][color=red]I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another. [/color][/b]
[b]35 [/b][color=red]This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.[/color]"

Christ is God. Anything He commanded or told us to do is Law. Christ's way is law for the Christian.

God Bless,
ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

the lumberjack

[quote name='ironmonk' date='May 7 2004, 11:48 AM'] Christ is God. Anything He commanded or told us to do is Law. Christ's way is law for the Christian. [/quote]
Amen.