An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fundraising Ideas

TheresaThoma

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1330461228' post='2394152']
Are you talking about Alberta and Melissa?
[/quote]

I am. :) They were pretty much amazing.

I talked to them after, it was quite lovely.

[quote name='andibc' timestamp='1330485457' post='2394340']
Priests Got Talent show at the local KFC. Everyone loves to see their priests being silly.
[/quote]

I spoke to a couple of my priests about that and the answers were pretty much no way.

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1330459286' post='2394134']
Can you share some details of that?
[/quote]

He was offered help and decided to host a music night with his siblings. We were allowwed to use the parish hall and charged no fee for people at the door. Which made them more generous when he asked for donations. We had some friends help make snacks and then a bigger surprise was when people offered to donate religious items for a silent auction. He did very well.

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1330533711' post='2394493']
He was offered help and decided to host a music night with his siblings. We were allowwed to use the parish hall and charged no fee for people at the door. Which made them more generous when he asked for donations. We had some friends help make snacks and then a bigger surprise was when people offered to donate religious items for a silent auction. He did very well.
[/quote]

That's a great idea. Thanks!

Another thought is to house, pet, or babysit. It may not seem like much but I find I can fit it in around my normal schedule and a little bit here and there really adds up.

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1330515045' post='2394418']
I spoke to a couple of my priests about that and the answers were pretty much no way.
[/quote]

Something tells me my local clergy would say much the same thing

In my old parish we used to have loads of stuff going on after Mass on our parish feast day. We had one of those things where you throw a ball at a target and if you get it right then it drops someone into water - our priests used to be the ones who got dropped in the water. Everyone loved it so if you have a priest who is up for it ...

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1330599059' post='2394887']
In my old parish we used to have loads of stuff going on after Mass on our parish feast day. We had one of those things where you throw a ball at a target and if you get it right then it drops someone into water - our priests used to be the ones who got dropped in the water. Everyone loved it so if you have a priest who is up for it ...
[/quote]

I'm sorry to hijack this but this post reminded me of spirit day at our school! A teacher would be in the dunk tank thing... and we'd get to chuck a ball at the target and soak them!!!

loveletslive

oh another thing my friend that entered did was send out letters to family, friends, parishioners, anyone she knew explaining her vocation story and asking for prayers and financial support.

A very simple idea would be to ask if the priests are prepared to allow a retiring collection at your parish. Maybe you could say a few words at the end of Mass about your vocation (who knows whom you might inspire?) and have a friend with a collection basket by the door.

HopefulBride

[quote name='beatitude' timestamp='1330718007' post='2395369']
A very simple idea would be to ask if the priests are prepared to allow a retiring collection at your parish. Maybe you could say a few words at the end of Mass about your vocation (who knows whom you might inspire?) and have a friend with a collection basket by the door.
[/quote]

Yeah, that wouldn't fly at my parish....

ceciliatherese

This website has a ton of fundraising ideas in alphabetical order :) good luck! [url="http://www.worldtenant.com/fundraising_ideas_events.htm"]http://www.worldtenant.com/fundraising_ideas_events.htm[/url]

• 1 year later...