RezaMikhaeil Posted March 20, 2012 Posted March 20, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1332177830' post='2403941'] I don't understand how can gold not be a bubble right now. Maybe it's not, I don''t know. But all the hype reminds my of what everyone was saying about housing before 2008. [/quote] There is no "gold bubble", if you understood economic and monetary policy, you'd know this much. If you compare gold against the dollar, it is going up because the dollar is being inflated. This is because more paper dollars are being produced, decreasing their value. If you compare the dollar against the Swiss Franc, it will also appear that the Franc is going up but it's not. It's only going up with regards to devalued currencies. If you compare the dollar vs gold, it's at an all time high but if you compare gold to the franc, it's not. This is why the Greenspan and Bernanke are liars and QE3 hurts everyone, not just the rich. As a matter of fact devaluing of a currecy hurts the poor MORE THEN THE RICH. [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1332181360' post='2403983'] The tendency with hard money has been to gain in value. Part of the rise in gold prices would probably be due to the drop in value of the dollar. You might lose "dollars", but the gold will remain currency barring a disaster of such proportions that you'll only care about killing zombies, anyway. [/quote] Actually this explains alot of the rise in gold prices. If the dollar bills were no longer printed after today, immediately it would make gains against gold. In the last 5 years, whenever the press has said, "gold took a hit today", it immediately recoved with huge gains by the late evening. This is because monetary policy in the united states sets the tone for it.
Laudate_Dominum Posted March 25, 2012 Posted March 25, 2012 (edited) I wish I knew more about economics. I've read things here and there from a variety of perspectives over the years and it all seems like wonky bovine manure at this point. Economics is a fairy tale for grown ups! Jk, but I definitely don't feel any particular enthusiasm about this or that school. A field plagued by pseudoscience? Mayhaps. I don't know enough about it personally. Edited March 25, 2012 by Laudate_Dominum
4588686 Posted March 25, 2012 Author Posted March 25, 2012 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1332651728' post='2407738'] I wish I knew more about economics. I've read things here and there from a variety of perspectives over the years and it all seems like wonky bovine manure at this point. Economics is a fairy tale for grown ups! Jk, but I definitely don't feel any particular enthusiasm about this or that school. A field plagued by pseudoscience? Mayhaps. I don't know enough about it personally. [/quote] [url="http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Political-Economics-Making-Post-2008/dp/0415428882"]http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Political-Economics-Making-Post-2008/dp/0415428882[/url]
Laudate_Dominum Posted March 25, 2012 Posted March 25, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1332652279' post='2407748'] [url="http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Political-Economics-Making-Post-2008/dp/0415428882"]http://www.amazon.co...8/dp/0415428882[/url] [/quote] Looking at it on amazon, google books, and goodreads. I like it. Thanks boss.
4588686 Posted March 25, 2012 Author Posted March 25, 2012 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1332652562' post='2407751'] Looking at it on amazon, google books, and goodreads. I like it. Thanks boss. [/quote] Just doing my job, sir.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now