Iacobus Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 Once at RVC (the community college I take the fun classes I can't in Stillman Valley there) I was with my lab group. We were talking and stuff and I was acting as if I belonged (it was my 2nd term so I knew how to act). One of them acts the other how old she was and she said "23, you?" After she responded they asked me I was like "ummm 16." They didn't belive me, I had to get out my ID to prove it. They were thinking I was 24 at least. I can pass for almost anything from 16 to mid twenties depending on how I act and where I am. That is why I am taking over a freshmen class next year...
Colleen Posted May 6, 2004 Posted May 6, 2004 When I was 12, people thought I was 8. Now I'm 19 and people think I'm 14. Last year when I was a senior in HS, some people thought I was a 7th grader (we have a junior high at our high school, too).
toledo_jesus Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 (edited) [quote]I don't look like I'm in my 40's at 23. What do you think? Should I be insulted or is that just stupid? [/quote] Hey, enjoy it while it lasts man. I look older than my 20 years, like, droopy eyes and stuff. Comes from frowning and staying up too late...If I grow a beard I pass for 30 or 35. It's ok though, because I enjoy acting like an old man. oh yeah, as long as people don't treat what you think as if you're younger...you're fine. Edited May 7, 2004 by toledo_jesus
Banksey Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 i know what you guys mean. i'm in high school and people think i'm in elementary what do you guys think???
Ellenita Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 At my age I like to imagine I look alot younger...... .....but I went to the cinema recently with a friend who asked for a reduced priced ticket as she is a student, the guy selling the tickets asked if I wanted a student price ticket too, my friend joked 'no, but she should get in even cheaper than me as she is a senior citizen'.....I'm still trying to recover from the shock that he believed her!! p.s. Dave, if you print my age when it's my birthday there'll be trouble from across the atlantic!
voiciblanche Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 You could think of it as offensive, but really, it's a BIG compliment. To be told you sound extremely intelligent or mature only boosts your ego. I know; it happens to me. When someone thinks you're younger than you because of the way you speak of yourselves and especially to others, it shows that you present yourself humbly, and don't carry yourself in too high of esteem - which is good when you're a follower of Christ.
Banksey Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 (edited) hey that was a really good post voici. good point. Edited May 7, 2004 by aznsonny27
homeschoolmom Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 when we moved into our first house, someone came to our door and asked to talk to my dad!! I was 27! HS_Dad has always looked younger than he is (he's 39, but could pass for 30 easily.) We like it. It was really cool five years ago when we got our Russian exchange student daughter and people actually wondered if she was ours... I'm only 15 years older than she is... but she calls me "mom" and acts like a member of the family, so it was kinda funny.
Sojourner Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 When I was at my first reporting job, maybe a year into it, I was covering a county fair. I interviewed someone, and they were really nice to me, then they asked me, "So which high school do you go to?" I was 23 then, probably. I'm 27 now, and I still get carded almost every time I try to buy alcohol, unless I'm with people that look older. It's kind of a pain, but it's better than looking older than you are.
WillT Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 I'm 19, but most people think I am like 25-30! It was a sudden swith though, because just last year my familly and I were paying to get into a park, and the lady kept telling me "Kids under 15 are only $3!" I think the reason is I grew my hair out long and grew a beard, so I also get "You look like Jesus from that movie."
CreepyCrawler Posted May 7, 2004 Author Posted May 7, 2004 i got carded in CANADA. how sad is that (their drinking age is 19, too). thanks guys. i'll pretend that the reason people think i'm young looking is my great skin and not b/c i have roundish cheeks
cmotherofpirl Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 When my son was little he used to sit and watch and talk to the older gentleman next door as he worked in the garden. One day Mr Patterson didn't come outside, so my son went next door and asked if the son was allowed back out to play. Not understanding marriage, he figured that was Mrs P. was Mr P's mommy. And of course he came back out to play, and brought cookies and milk. The Pattersons were well into their eighties by then and had been married 60+ years, and they smiled for a whole month.
Phazzan Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 I have a baby face. I'm also told I have puppy dog eyes. My repuatation here is ruined forever.
Phazzan Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 [quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='May 7 2004, 06:43 AM'] you didn't have to tell everyone ... [/quote] But if you know it, you can exploit it. See.
CreepyCrawler Posted May 7, 2004 Author Posted May 7, 2004 i'm slow.... should i be exploiting your puppy-like qualities or will you? man, i need to be a coffee drinker in the morning. it's 8:50 am here. what time is it in austrailia
Phazzan Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 [quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='May 7 2004, 06:50 AM'] i'm slow.... should i be exploiting your puppy-like qualities or will you? man, i need to be a coffee drinker in the morning. it's 8:50 am here. what time is it in austrailia [/quote] 10:52pm. I'm still at uni.
CreepyCrawler Posted May 7, 2004 Author Posted May 7, 2004 i'm glad you call it uni. my cousins in germany call it uni, too. are you supposed to be studying? you're doing a great job
Phazzan Posted May 7, 2004 Posted May 7, 2004 [quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='May 7 2004, 06:54 AM'] i'm glad you call it uni. my cousins in germany call it uni, too. are you supposed to be studying? you're doing a great job [/quote] I'm going down the Coast tomorrow for some political campaign thingy, for one of my subjects. So I have to have this speech ready by tonight, cos I'm leaving at 6.00am tomorrow. No sleep for Phazzan.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now