An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For An Aspirant

the171

Well, it's official. My friend will soon be an aspirant with Covington Carm. She starts her aspirancy May 26, I believe. She will be there for two months, then leave, finish her senior year, and finally, God-willing, she will enter after she graduates. I am so happy for her. So please, keep her in y'all's prayers. :)

Oh you don't even know. I am too. I haven't told her yet, but before she enters I am throwing her a bridal shower. Just so I can keep from bein too jealous and most because I want to throw my friend an intimate little bash before she becomes a bride of Christ!! I mean, how could I miss this opportunity? This post probably makes no sense. It's a Friday.

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1332554613' post='2406783']
Oh you don't even know. I am too. I haven't told her yet, but before she enters I am throwing her a bridal shower. Just so I can keep from bein too jealous and most because I want to throw my friend an intimate little bash before she becomes a bride of Christ!! I mean, how could I miss this opportunity? This post probably makes no sense. It's a Friday.
[/quote]

That's an AVVESOME idea! I want one!

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1332388919' post='2405164']
Well, it's official. My friend will soon be an aspirant with Covington Carm. She starts her aspirancy May 26, I believe. She will be there for two months, then leave, finish her senior year, and finally, God-willing, she will enter after she graduates. I am so happy for her. So please, keep her in y'all's prayers. :)
[/quote]
I feel ridiculous asking this question given that I am discerning, but is an aspirant different from a postulant :paperbag: ?

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1332618988' post='2407153']
I feel ridiculous asking this question given that I am discerning, but is an aspirant different from a postulant :paperbag: ?
[/quote]

I think you're an aspirant when you're discerning with a specific community, like when you're going for a live-in and stuff like that. I guess you could think of it as you're aspiring to enter. Obviously you're not a postulant until you enter!