An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Heart.

Alabanza

I have been in love :love: with God since I was a child, everything about God passionates me and my dream was always to live for Him. I love Him so much, I pray that who ever read this understand it and be edify by it or may find clarity to doubts and questions. I also pray the I won't be judged by no one or condemned. I enter a convent years ago, stay for a time until God lead me towards a differen path and now I am a Nondenominational Christian, I am married, and have 2 beautiful children, I still have a passion for God, Jesus my Savior is the Only One that has proven Himself faithful regrdless of circumstances and situations I have been thru. Monastic life still fascinates me, I have learn that we must PRAY, PRAY, PRAY and PRAY!!!!! :pray: that way we will be closer to God and any question, doubt or blurry vision of thing that we may have will be clarify, Contemplative life in a convent is amaizing :nun1: for what the concept of what and how it is, God is amesome. If God is calling we must ask what steps to take and just do it without a doubt. Just Love Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Be passionate!!!!! Love what you do and lest recognize that we were created to give Him Glory and to worship Him in spirit and in truth!!!! You are welcome to drop a line and comment. Love you all in Jesus Name. Amen. :clap3:

Why didn't you stay in religious life? To me it seems like God may have been calling you. You seem like you are in love with Christ. So, what lead you to not become his bride and what lead you to away from the catholic church?

Also, Thank you for this! You are inspirational! I also, agree. You do have to pray! A person can't say they are a follower of Christ if they don't talk with him!
I feel called to religious life right now and have for the last three years, so I understand what you mean when you say you love him! It's a very special kind of love! Thank you for this post! ( also, are you new? If you are, welcome!)

Edited by Annie12

Thanks for sharing your story, and welcome to the Vocation Station!

If I may ask, what Order were you a part of before you decided to leave? And why did you leave?

:) Thank you Annie2 and Tally Max, I was a part of a contemplative order of nuns of St Agustine (recollets) (forgive me if I am mistaking the term, my native language is spanish, and some words are still kind of confusing) I left because although I knew thru prayer I wouls of been able to reach many souls, I felt like Jabez in a way, I pray a long time for The Lord to expand my territory, and He lead me in this direction. The Nuns (my sisters) were the most wonderful people I have ever met, and I don't regret not one second I spent in there, as a matter of fact I still use what I learn there now and I am teaching my little girls the same ways, and what I mean by that is the close relationship with God, the yearning and love for prayer, worship and adoration, the humbleness and mikness, the obedience and submition to authority, and the joy and happines of the simple things as well as the poorness of spirit recognizing God God as the only way of true wealth. I love God and this phorum is an amesome place where I feel free to share. Please continue to reply to my blog. I feel privileged. THank You all and be blessed. :like2:

I don't want to sound rude in asking you this but I am curious why did you leave the church? I saw on another thread that someone posted on how they left the church but then came around to ask them self "was I conforming myself to God, or God to myself?". As a Catholic I believe Christ gave the church to his children and is so important to him that it is often referred to as "The Bride of Christ". I also think that the Eucharist is very important in my spiritual life because Jesus himself is present in the host! It is such a gift! :saint2: The Eucharist brings me even closer to Christ than just prayer would. You seem like you might find this link interesting: [url="http://www.miraclehunter.com/marian_apparitions/approved_apparitions/betania/index.html"]http://www.miraclehunter.com/marian_apparitions/approved_apparitions/betania/index.html[/url]. What do you think?

Annie12 you are not rude at all, I consider a privilege that you are interested in the way God has been directing my life. The catholic church did not do anything to me. I am very grateful for what God imparted into my life while I was there, nevertheless as I listen and learned I had to obey my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There is many things that God has asign me to do and my purpose is to give Him honor and Glory :notworthy2: in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, under the guidance of The Holy Spirit. Thru prayer, study and the practicing and living of His Word. :wave: Please continue writing to me. Be blessed.

Indwelling Trinity

You have my prayers my friend. Although i believe that the fullness of God is found within the Catholic church, that is not to say he cannot be found anywhere else.. If what you write is true to your heart then i think that God dwells there also.

God's love cannot be limited for the spirit goes where he wills.... I pray his true spirit may always guide you and that you may you ever know his true and loving presence in your heart and so in your life you may always follow his sweet and loving lead which one day will unite him and all those around him in his wonderful love..

God and his Blessed Mother protect you and keep you safe in their arms! Welcome to Phatmass!

Tenderly,

Indwelling Trinity :paperbag:

Edited by Indwelling Trinity

MonjaFutura

I've always been of the opinion that neither Protestantism nor Catholicism is the "right one" because they're both "right" in their own way. Personally, I love Catholicism and its tradition and views of the Eucharist, etc. But whichever brings you closer to God is the right one. Both agree that you cannot enter Heaven without Jesus in your heart, and on many other things. We disagree on some things but I believe that we're all saved as Christians so long as we follow our beliefs... Still, I don't know how you could part with the Catholic teachings on the Eucharist. At the very least, I couldn't :proud:

[quote name='MonjaFutura' timestamp='1332550030' post='2406705']
I've always been of the opinion that neither Protestantism nor Catholicism is the "right one" because they're both "right" in their own way.
[/quote]

Offtopic (insert cups of tea, biscuits and general friendliness):

The holy Catholic faith that comes to us from the apostles is of a different opinion.

[edited to delete an explanatory paragraph - I expect there's someone whose job it is to clear these things up.]

Edited by berenike

The Catholic Church offers the joy of what protestant denominations do but so much more! I believe we are all loved by Christ but Christ gave the Church and Eucharist so that we could have a foretaste of heaven! Giving that up creates longing/hole that doesn't need to exist! Christ is present in and through the Church! To God we are all his Children but we are limited in the deepness of our relationship with him when we remove the church and the Eucharist. The church is one big family! we are all trying to help each other to get to heaven! :dance2:

Also, Alabanza, you haven't given any specific reasons for why you left the church. So, I am left to pose the question, "was it really God who lead you out of the church or what it the one who poses as God?" God loves you so much he could only want the best for you! Christ gave the world the Church so that everyone could know the fullness of truth! God probably lead you hear for a reason. He also, probably made me want to answer this post for a reason so do reject it embrace it! :smile2:

There was a time when my family has a very hard time in one parish but as much as they wanted us to leave the church ( and yes they did want this) our family stayed strong in the faith. God sends us trials in order for our faith to grow stronger. I know that it can be hard sometimes but Christ is there to be our strength! :saint2: I think he is leading you back home!

Annie I think you are doing a great job "evangelizing!" Bravo.

It needs to be understood that Catholics have an obligation to remain in the Church. If we do not do so we will be all the more severely judged as it states in Lumen Gentium:

[quote]14. This Sacred Council wishes to turn its attention firstly to the Catholic faithful. Basing itself upon Sacred Scripture and Tradition, it teaches that the Church, now sojourning on earth as an exile, is necessary for salvation. Christ, present to us in His Body, which is the Church, is the one Mediator and the unique way of salvation. In explicit terms He Himself affirmed the necessity of faith and baptism(124) and thereby affirmed also the necessity of the Church, for through baptism as through a door men enter the Church. [b]Whosoever, therefore, knowing that the Catholic Church was made necessary by Christ, would refuse to enter or to remain in it, could not be saved.[/b]
All the Church's children should remember that their exalted status is to be attributed not to their own merits but to the special grace of Christ. [b]If they fail moreover to respond to that grace in thought, word and deed, not only shall they not be saved but they will be the more severely judged[/b].(13*)[/quote]
This is a very serious matter, one not often spoken of today.

MarysLittleFlower

Welcome :) I also hope my question won't be rude, but I just thought of something while reading this thread, - I remember reading in a book that nuns can reach many souls just through their prayers :) and that the reason our evangelism can even work is because others pray. I read that a nun can help bring many people to God. I was wondering what you thought about this idea :)
You might be interested in a book called "Divine Mercy in My Soul" by St Faustina and also "Way of Divine Love" by Sr Josefa Menendez, they're both written by nuns, but they're also revelations from Jesus and what He has told them about spiritual life, how to love Him, etc. These two books have really helped me and I wanted to share. I also agree with what others have said about the Church but I understand that no matter how much we believe in the Catholic Church, our mere words is not what can convince someone of it, and it's something that God can show a person. Maybe that's something to pray to Him about :) I'm a convert to Catholicism and I actually was a non denominational Christian before, for a while, I know my own journey was confusing at parts but prayer helped. God bless you! :)

ps: I have links with quotes from those two books, I find these quotes soo beautiful and thought maybe you would be interested in them :) [url="http://www.catholic-forum.com/churches/cathteach/divinemercy1.htm"]http://www.catholic-...ivinemercy1.htm[/url] and [url="http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2009/12/sister-josefa-menendez-way-of-divine.html"]http://www.mysticsof...-of-divine.html[/url]

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

Thank you MarysLittleFlower, I will look for the books, I love reading and Of course I love book s about nuns and relogious life. I aprrecciate your interest. God bless you. :like2: