An Old School Catholic Message Board

Meeting With Vocation Director Mon

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

I'm meeting with the Vocation Director for the Archdiocese of Kansas City on Monday. I had done some pretty heavy discernment for a couple of years starting back in 2004. I then joined the military and put it on the back burner and gave it little thought. LONG story short God used some people in my life and a couple Seminarians (one of whom is from a different diocese even and I haven't talked to in 10 years). to really kick me in the pantaloons, and FINALLY I am ready to say...Yes, I will do your will...if a no must be said let it no more come from my mouth. I've begun a novena to the Infant of Prague for strength and discernment for the next leg of my journey. Your own prayers for me will be greatly appreciated as well.

As a side note, I've been away from the Pham for awhile it's great to see all the new names and the old ones too still going at it.

InPersonaChriste

Prayers for you!!! :D
I have a soft spot for Kansas City (Basically the 3rd place I have been to in America and one of the BEST catholic experiences ever! but back to you)

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

My meeting went GREAT! I now have my application and am beginning the Candidacy process for the seminary. My Vocation Director says they try to do the whole process in 6 weeks. Phase I is the application, reading a book on discernment and four 1-2 page papers. hope to have it in the mail Fri, next Mon at the latest.

• 4 weeks later...
PadrePioOfPietrelcino

OK, well it took me a little longer to finish my papers than I expected...I'm amazed, I've never had to write papers that SHORT ever before...yet I probably took 6 times longer than a paper 10 times the length... I'm ready to turn them in and I have another meeting schedule with my VD May 1, I expect this will be the first formal Interview...please keep me in your prayers.

• 2 weeks later...
PadrePioOfPietrelcino

I had some truck problems on the 1st...and had to reschedule my meeting...I'm heading to my first formal/screening interview now...Excitement and nerves bundled into one, but in a good way.