God Conquers Posted July 7, 2003 Posted July 7, 2003 I meant 28 Days Later.... oops. And It's amesome at the beginner. It starts as a psycholigical/philisophical thriller and devolves halfway through into a British "Attitude Movie". The beginning is super amesome though.
inDEED Posted July 7, 2003 Posted July 7, 2003 I dig your avatar, inDEED. There's a Protestant church in our town called the Cathedral of Joy which has that picture as, like, their icon or something. We all call it the Church of the Laughing Jesus. Thanks! I LOVE this picture (my avatar).... Too often we forget that Christ had a sense of humor! You know? I'm sure he cracked EVERYONE UP!!!
Winchester Posted July 7, 2003 Author Posted July 7, 2003 Army of Darkness. Very funny. unrelated: c'mon, we're going streaking!
esperanza Posted July 27, 2003 Posted July 27, 2003 I just finished watching THE PIANIST on video and just wanted to highly recommend it to anyone who has not seen it yet. Wonderfully produced and based on a true story. Definately a must see in my book.
littleflower+JMJ Posted July 27, 2003 Posted July 27, 2003 i saw it too, it was really good... and really sad cuz of what happen to all those Jews..... :lol:
littleflower+JMJ Posted July 27, 2003 Posted July 27, 2003 Thanks! I LOVE this picture (my avatar).... Too often we forget that Christ had a sense of humor! You know? I'm sure he cracked EVERYONE UP!!! inspired by indeed's avatar i have officially changed my profile pic! hehe
Winchester Posted July 27, 2003 Author Posted July 27, 2003 The Big Lebowski. Very very funny. Not for children.
Luke2219 Posted July 27, 2003 Posted July 27, 2003 Not comming out until Lent, but a must see in my book. The Passion, Directed by Mel Gibson
Hermione Posted July 28, 2003 Posted July 28, 2003 Dogma... Provides the "don't-stay-in-church" insight that we can do with every now and then (to debunk, that is)~ Besides, it teaches about faith and learning more about our religion... guess you have to pick and choose what you wanna be influenced by... Bless the Child... I like the little girl... she was amesome... Dark City... existential flick... very cool.. LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Stay away from Harry Potter.... man the movies sucked! Loved the books though..) Did anyone notice the Morpheus-Neo JohntheBaptist-Jesus parallel in the Matrix Reloaded? :ph34r:
Don John of Austria Posted July 28, 2003 Posted July 28, 2003 Well i have to agree with the Bishops reviews I often want to know if they watched the same movie I did, speaking of which I loved fight Club, and I can't say enough about Gattaca. Religious movies-- The Black Robe ( not for KIDS ) about jesuit missionarys to the Huron. Becket, a Man for all Seasons Not religious all the evil dead movies particularly the Army of Darkness I just made a referance to boomsticks on the word arse. the other day. got to go more later
Yours Truly Posted July 28, 2003 Posted July 28, 2003 Personnally i didn't find old school that funny. It had some funny parts but for the majority of the movie i was just waiting for the idocity (is that a real word?) to stop and the humor to start. FINDING NEMO is funny as carp!!! Oh my freaking goodness i was dragged into that movie kicking and screaming. But i laughed my butt off. It is good for all ages. I seriously think that half of the jokes would be above little kids heads. I recommend it to anyone who isn't dead. Oh and did anyone notice that neo was wearing a cassick the entire time in The Matrix - Reloaded? -Yours Truly
Theologian in Training Posted July 28, 2003 Posted July 28, 2003 Well i have to agree with the Bishops reviews I often want to know if they watched the same movie I did, speaking of which I loved fight Club, and I can't say enough about Gattaca. Religious movies-- The Black Robe ( not for KIDS ) about jesuit missionarys to the Huron. Becket, a Man for all Seasons Not religious all the evil dead movies particularly the Army of Darkness I just made a referance to boomsticks on the word arse. the other day. got to go more later Agreed. Fight Club is a good movie As for another interesting/loosely philosophical one, I recommend the German flick, Run Lola Run...excellent movie About Schmidt was good, not great, but worth a watch, if even once Personally, though, I like the stupid comedies....ones that earn C's and D's by the "critics." For example, I thought Corky Romano, Master of Disguise, and Dumb and Dumber were really funny. Really stupid, yes, but more my style of movie. Lord of the Rings, Braveheart, and Bourne Identity our up there on the list as well Depends on my mood mostly
Carrie Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 Memento Incredible movie! It took me a few minutes to realize it was going backwards. I watched it twice because the first time I was so freaked out about it going backwards I missed some details. But I got alot more out of it the second time. Highly recommended. If you like Memento, I'd recommend seeing Pi too. Its not spelled that way...its actually the mathematical symbol, but since I don't have that on my keyboard...well you get the idea :blink:
mp15 Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 (edited) Theo, we have the same taste in movies it seems. But you left out a few. Tommy Boy Black Sheep Billy Madison Happy Gilmor Big Daddy The Wedding Singer Ace Ventura Liar Liar The Mask Never Been Kissed See Spot Run Duce Bigalow All of the "vacation" movies and many, many more.......................... For a more serious tone however try; Dances with Wolves Thunderheart Geronimo A River Runs Through It Legends of the fall Unforgiven Peace, Marcus Edited July 29, 2003 by mp15
mp15 Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 Oh shoot, how could I have left Gladiator off my list There are just too many movies I like I guess.
mp15 Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 Sorry, I just thought of one more. This one I watched just recently on DVD. The Education of Little Tree Very good, but sad movie. Give it a try if you can find it.
Jake Huether Posted July 29, 2003 Posted July 29, 2003 "Ya guys wan't some cookies!?" -Corky Romano Classic
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now