An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can Anybody Tell Me...

Carmelshrimp

Carmelshrimp

Don't know who to ask about this really, but can anybody out there tell me why it says helpfully under my pic that I have 0 warning points? It's not that I actually want any, but nobody else seems to have this sort of info displayed. Why me? Am I doing something weird - well even weirder than usual? Somebody tell me and I'll even be nice to kittens (well maybe).

Every one sees their own warning point count.
You cannot see others' and they cannot see yours. Only the mods can see your count (but they gave it to you anyway, so no worries). It's a new feature that was installed when dUST updated the phorum, and--though you may have been the one to inspire him to add it!--as far as I know you have nothing to do with it. :P

Now....

............**kiss my kitten**!!!!
(insert mentally a pic of a brown and black kitty that my iPad won't paste here)

Carmelshrimp

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1332683257' post='2407852']
Every one sees their own warning point count.
You cannot see others' and they cannot see yours. Only the mods can see your count (but they gave it to you anyway, so no worries). It's a new feature that was installed when dUST updated the phorum, and--though you may have been the one to inspire him to add it!--as far as I know you have nothing to do with it. :P

Now....

............**kiss my kitten**!!!!
(insert mentally a pic of a brown and black kitty that my iPad won't paste here)
[/quote]
Have screwed up all my courage and made a suitable gesture of friendship in the direction of the mythical moggy (as to what counts as suitable, you'll have to trust me). Thanks for the info though. I was wondering if I was supposed to read it as "No warning points - yet!". Of course, if the mods like kittens I'm stuffed....

Strictlyinkblot

I got a bit of a shock when I saw the 0 warning points under my picture. It felt a little like a parent wagging a finger at a child 'be good or else'. Having said that its a helpful reminder to behave myself.

Carmelshrimp

Quite. Not sure what I'd have to do to collect warning points but I'll try to be good. Difficult though when I'm not sure what counts as being bad in this context. Oh well.....

And does anyone know if warning points EVER go away? At least points on your driver's license go away after a few years but I still have one PM warning point hanging around from over 3 years ago... I cannot find information about the dreaded phorum warning points....

Oh, the stigma...

Edited by Graciela

truthfinder

I believe warning points only go away if the MODs feel generous or you've been particularly good and caught their attention. The more important thing is the sanctions that can be accrued through the points, they do go away.

Carmelshrimp

Well I [i]think [/i]I'm a good girl too. it's just that nobody seems able to tell me what counts as being bad, so maybe I'm only good by accident and not by design. Back to the moral maze :saint2:

As a supervisor once told me (when I expressed concern that I hadn't received the 'evaluations' I was suposed to get every few months of employment) "It is a good sign if no one is insisting you be reviewed." I think this is the case here too. No warning points means we haven't attracted any negative attention. We should all aspire to be 'little and unknown' as St. Therese was....

In other words, no warning points is a good thing.... and by default, we are good. I pray that we all may be good - or at least getting better!

Which is not to say that there is not room for good, holy, penitents who have mended their ways; I think the intent is that having those numbers stay are intended as a reminder to not stray again?

But I do think it would be nice if there was some way to have the time SINCE the warnings be documented.... because after all, everyone needs encouragement.... and it would show if there was any kind of pattern. Maybe someone just gets intemperate during election season or something?

From what I understand, only the mods and the individual can see the point counts.... so it would be useful, I would think, to know how long it has been since one violated the Site's norms... 5 days is different from 5 months, and certainly from 5 years!

Let us keep praying one for another!

Edited by AnneLine