An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Rage In Trayvon Martin Thread

Ok I've showed a lot of rage with my post in that thread. And it came from seeing this little kids face and hearing the facts of what happened. It made me cry and it had me filled with hate for George Zimmerman. I am going to go to confession for the stuff that I've said in there that was unchristian. This case still makes me sick and I am very angry over it. But I will go talk to a priest and confess and hope God can help me remain calm and rational over this issue.

Edited by Guest

Haven't kept up with the thread past page 5 or so, but props for recognizing your own faults and going to confession. Can never give enough props for someone who recognizes their faults and confesses them.

You try this prayer, too.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

I've struggled with the same thing as you - reading about something unjust (I'm talking about my interpretation of whatever it is I read, not whether the Rayvon Martin case is just or unjust) and getting really angry about it. I had to learn to ask myself, "Is this something I can change or something I have to accept?"

You're good people, dude. I respect your passion, even if I disagree with your perception of the source of it (he's not "a little kid"...he was a 17 year old, 6'4, 160 lb athlete). Nevertheless, anyone who owns up to their shortco[color=#282828]mings is a-okay in [/color][color=#282828]my book. For [/color][color=#282828]my part, I have the tendency to fixate on little points of interest in the hopes that I will be able to free everyone fro[/color][color=#282828]m the burden of not agreeing with [/color][color=#282828]me. We all have issues...[/color][color=#282828]mine ste[/color][color=#282828]m fro[/color][color=#282828]m being a genius :)[/color]

Well. I can't relate because I have never lost my temper of become too emotionally involved in a subject. Ever. And I have certainly never allowed such emotionalism to cause me to lash out and be rude to others here. Never ever. :unsure:

But if I were susceptible to such human frailties I would probably say that it happens and all you can do is try to do better next time.

I can truly relate to your anger. It's good to have righteous indignation over perceived injustices. There truly is a lack of justice in our world and its worth speaking out about. Having said that, righteous indignation can become anger, the anger that is one of the seven deadly sins. There are so many times when I lost control of the plane because anger snatched the controls.

Sometimes I completely avoid the debate table because of what can happen... but usually I can handle the online stuff better than real life.

[quote name='Seven77' timestamp='1333473339' post='2412358']
Sometimes I completely avoid the debate table because of what can happen... but usually I can handle the online stuff better than real life.
[/quote]

Wait a minute... Are you saying that online is NOT real life?.... Ummm..... Unnnn.... AARRGGGHHHH.....[b] I'M SO CONFUSED!!!![/b]

If everyone who has been here a little while was being honest, they would certainly admit there are some threads and posts in their history that they are ashamed of. know i got a few myself.

well, except for winchester. he doesnt afraid of anything.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1333502893' post='2412582']well, except for winchester. he doesnt afraid of anything.[/quote]

he doesn't afraid of anything. :think:

i agree.

i think. :unsure:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1333502893' post='2412582']
If everyone who has been here a little while was being honest, they would certainly admit there are some threads and posts in their history that they are ashamed of. know i got a few myself.

well, except for winchester. he doesnt afraid of anything.
[/quote]

Not me. :|

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1043503838' post='2412617']
wow, Jason, you are actually fairly attractive!
[/quote]

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1023603938' post='2412617']
I hate to admit it, Budge, but your reasoning is sound. the church really is built on a foundation of lies... :(
[/quote]

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1123503948' post='2412617']
And then i drove off. I wasnt happy leaving the scene of the accident, but i have some priors and i cant get arrested. besides, the old guy looked alright!
[/quote]

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1253503738' post='2412617']
Guys, i have a confession to make...

Im considering converting to Scientology. one of those guys in the mall stopped me and started talking about the benefits of scientology. I was going to leave but they offered me a free salad mixer and a chia pet if i stayed to listen. Now, everyone who knows me knows i never turn down stuff like that. So I stayed, and they served muffins. Raisin, unfortunately, but i do have low standards.

anyways, they game me a deal on a test on their machine(only 1399$ a session, can you believe that?!)

and after they finished my test and credit check, they told me i would go on to do great things serving Xenu! Oh I am so excited!!!

anyways, Ive decided to switch, i cant resist a chance for advancement like that.

Goodbye and praise xenu!!
[/quote]