An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Love Most About Being With Your Sisters?

Lisa

Oh my gosh! That last line, max. Hahah! Laffy Carm's rec is INSANE sometimes! We are laughing so much that our stomachs are hurting!

I would love to know, from those who have commented so far, the orders you are either in right now or discerning with, if you don't mind naming them. (the171 I know you are Carmelite! :) )

FutureSister2009

I miss my Sisters back at home. That does not essentially mean I am going to join them. But I miss them a lot. I didn't really get a lot of time with them over spring break. I probably won't get to see them again until the semester is over.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1333029250' post='2410020']
Just being with them :love: I know this sounds a bit corny but I've visited some beautiful communities and with my sisters there is the sense that this community was made just for me. Each and everyone of the sisters has their little quirkiness and their funny ways that I love. Their sense of humor, being able to chat about our struggles as religious (in my case future religious) and knowing that we are real people. Being able to charitably disagree and yet still be able to receive the grace to be obedient to Holy Mother Church through the superior. Praying with them, laughing with them, cooking with them, cleaning with them, even walking in the snow with them (and TT knows I don't do cold) Chasing runaway chickens with them (funny story for another time) It's just the feeling that I'm home :love:

ooh how I miss them and want to be home!!! I hope this year is the year :)

Edited cause yours truly can't spell when she's excited.
[/quote]

Charitably disagree? I've never had a charitable disagreement. I need to enter the Franciscan Brothers Minor as quick as possible.

mysisterisalittlesister

Recreation just rocks. The older sisters like to play Penuckle, and some of the phrases they have to use are "I'm on my second marriage." rotfl

The younger ones just run around shouting or play some weird board game like Moods :P

Gemma_Kateri

My Sisters (TOR Franciscans) are really good at being [i]present[/i] to the moment and to each other. You can tell that they truly value each others company. A few of them do a "book club" together (I love to read!) and one time when I was visiting I joined them. We sat on this little porch they have which is warmed by a wood stove, read some, talked for a while and laughed a lot. After that I was like, I need to be here now.

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1333245572' post='2411340']
Recreation just rocks. The older sisters like to play Penuckle, and some of the phrases they have to use are "I'm on my second marriage."
The younger ones just run around shouting or play some weird board game like Moods :P
[/quote]
You've never been to recreation. :hehe: It is in the convent. I know Mary has told you about it though. ;)

I don't think they would play Moods, goodness I'm just imagining that... okay I better stop while I'm at it...

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1333682095' post='2413534']
What's Moods.......I never heard of that game.... :|
[/quote]
Oh gosh that game...

[url="http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4659/moods"]http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4659/moods[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
littlesister

The best thing about being with my sisters? - just belonging to this family, and knowing that together we belong to Christ and make a difference in the lives of the poor.