An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Faith

das8949

I have received permission from Faith's Reverend Mother to send her an email to arrive on Easter Sunday. If you would like to send greetings her day you can eith post on this thread or send to my personal email which is [email="das8949@usa.net"]das8949@usa.net[/email]. I will copy and paste and include them as one email or attachments depending on the size.

I will then post a copy of what Mother sends to me in response on the board. Due to the postal service (no international service locally) in my area I was granted permission to email quarterly prior to Faith's entrance.

I know she would love to hear from all you have wishes and greetings for her!

That is something we might want to ask her if/when she can come back on briefly, or ask her in our 'group' email through Darlene(Thanks Darlene!).

My bet is that she won't get the letters until Easter. I've had friends in many Carmels, and usually the custom is that the sisters get their mail all at once about once a week, but they don't send or receive mail during Lent and Easter. They get them in a big pile all at once!

If there is something serious going on (an illness in the family or some such) they may make an exception.

The rest of the time, each Carmel is different but usually the custom is that people can send all the letters they want to the Sisters, but they can only respond once or twice a year to someone who is not family. Not sure if that is the custom in Notting Hill.

I don't know what the custom is in other orders and communities -- anyone know?

Tell her a letter is being sent... No international stamps.. Tell her I really miss her and that I will be making my live-in with Lafayette this summer hopefully. And the letter that is being sent will be a bit dated...

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1333419155' post='2412171']
I sent her a letter. Is she allowed to read them?
[/quote]
From what Mother said not during Lent can they receive which is why Easter Sunday was picked. I am also sending flowers as her entrance gift to the community and Mother suggested Easter.

She can receive otherwise but only write 2 or 3 a year altoether to "friends".

Lovely idea, Darlene! Please tell Sr. Faith thanks very much for her prayers, and keep them coming, especially for L and D. That I am still stuck waiting in London, but the visa process is coming along slowly and the lady at church who works for the embassy said that right now petition approvals are coming through within a month, and there are zero wait times for interviews, so that gives me hope. I've stopped officially counting days but hope to enter, or at least be getting ready to enter, in a month's time. I think about her often and feel glad that she is added to the number of people who are dedicated to praying for the world.

Edited by marigold

Darlene,

Please include this.

Thank you!

=====================================================

Dear Sister Faith, Christ is Risen!

Please know how much you are missed, how often your wit & wisdom are recounted, and that we hope and pray every grace you will need to do a good novitiate and move forward to profession in God's good time.

We miss you A LOT but wouldn't keep you from doing what she is doing to simply have her among us.

Please pray that God will send many new people to Vocation Station, and for the intentions of the new ones among us.

Please know we are praying for your sisters and superiors as well. A blessed Easter to all of you!!!

(I would say the "A" word here, but it is too early ;)

Blessings,

AnneLine

=====================================================

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Will you just let her know that I sent her a letter, then? Just in case...

Carmelshrimp

No need to say much - just that she and her community are in my prayers every day and I pray that God blesses her journey into his heart.

MissScripture

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1333420880' post='2412174']
That is something we might want to ask her if/when she can come back on briefly, or ask her in our 'group' email through Darlene(Thanks Darlene!).

My bet is that she won't get the letters until Easter. I've had friends in many Carmels, and usually the custom is that the sisters get their mail all at once about once a week, but they don't send or receive mail during Lent and Easter. They get them in a big pile all at once!

If there is something serious going on (an illness in the family or some such) they may make an exception.

The rest of the time, each Carmel is different but usually the custom is that people can send all the letters they want to the Sisters, but they can only respond once or twice a year to someone who is not family. Not sure if that is the custom in Notting Hill.

I don't know what the custom is in other orders and communities -- anyone know?
[/quote]
For the Nashville Dominicans, Lent and Advent they do not receive mail. It is all saved for Easter and Christmas. The rest of the year they get it on Saturdays. At least, this is how it works for the postulants and novices. My sister is only a novice, so I don't know if things will change when she is professed.

Darlene, Please include the following to Sr. Faith:

Dear Sr. Faith,
Happy Easter!

My son, John Paul, was born on January 19, so he is 2 1/2 months old, already. He is growing like a weed! I hope things are going well for your sister-in-law in her pregnancy.

PM isn't the same without you, but I am happy you are doing well in Carmel. Prayers for you and your Sisters, especially those of you in formation.

God bless,
MissScripture

I hope I'm not too late but could you add this:

Dear Sr Faith

Happy Easter!
I hope everything is going well for you at Notting Hill, from what Sr Mary of St Joseph said you were settling in well. From the little I saw of it, it was beautiful - you are very lucky!
I've almost finished a letter to you so that should be heading to you in the near future. You are very much missed, Notting Hill is very lucky to have you.

God Bless
Emily Ann

Edited by EmilyAnn

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1333629330' post='2413231']
If you haven't sent it, please let her know of my prayers (I don't really have anything else to add)
[/quote]
Sending tomorrow! Lisa I have tried to email you. Would like to chat. Is your mailbox full? or disenagged?