An Old School Catholic Message Board

Whoo!

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

So, last Thursday, I timidly asked my mother again if I could ask our friend Father Pascal to be my spiritual director. Her response was quite different from the last time: "Sure, that's fine." So, I called Father Pascal and asked him, and he said that we should pray over it, and that he would call me on Wednesday (Which is a day short of a week). I prayed over it everyday for six days, and when he called, he said that he would be my spiritual director, and that we could meet every four to six weeks.

Might I just be the first to say WHOOO!!!!!!

That is all.

Edited by FuturePriest387

PhuturePriest

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1333680370' post='2413518']
Yay!!! Congratulations! I have been praying for you.
[/quote]

Somehow I knew you would be the first to post. :P

Huzzah! That's wonderful news. You must be excited (and relieved?). Let us know how it pans out.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1333700963' post='2413585']
Huzzah! That's wonderful news. You must be excited (and relieved?). Let us know how it pans out.
[/quote]

I'm both, yes. I will definitely tell you how our first meeting goes. When I had my last meeting we didn't really talk about my discernment, but now we can hopefully get into my discernment so I can have someone to talk to about it and give me advice. I sometimes talk about it with my sister, but we do not usually go that far into it. I just tell her the Community I like and she says something like "razzle dazzle." and that's about it. Hopefully Father will have more to say than "razzle dazzle.". :P

StClare_OraProNobis

I also think that you should start by talking about prayer, areas of conversion in your life, etc...not just your discernment. The point of spiritual direction is to foster a closer relationship with Christ, and it is a temptation for any of us who are trying to find our vocation to lose that focus. So, not suggesting that you don't talk about discernment, just saying that it should not be the sole focus of your spiritual life.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='StClare_OraProNobis' timestamp='1333804214' post='2413937']
I also think that you should start by talking about prayer, areas of conversion in your life, etc...not just your discernment. The point of spiritual direction is to foster a closer relationship with Christ, and it is a temptation for any of us who are trying to find our vocation to lose that focus. So, not suggesting that you don't talk about discernment, just saying that it should not be the sole focus of your spiritual life.
[/quote]

I know. I do realize spiritual direction is more than talking about discernment. I'm simply excited I have someone to talk to about it.