An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Vs. Boehner: Who Killed The Debt Deal?

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1334849364' post='2420618']
Tomorrow, then.
[/quote]I gave you a prop. I hope your' happee know.

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1334840351' post='2420569']
Why did you post this drivel? Matt Bai is progressive/Democat leaning journalist with no bones as an independent thinker. The article doesn't begin to actually appear to be thoughtful and fair. He immediately dismisses Boehner's side about as blantantly calling it a "[i]version[/i]" and doesn't really describe Obama's position. It's just a he said/she said, and he only discusses on side.

I cereal guyed when he said Boehner got busy in defense mode only when Boehner found out Bai was going to write an article. Ohhhh. We got a bad arse here!

And how ridiculous is this description: "[color=#000000]the nation’s nearly $16 trillion debt, then a series of onerous budget cuts — worth about $1.2 trillion over 10 years,". If i get the numbers he's talking about in the article and put it in personal budget perspective,, imagine you owe $16,000, and you want to cut your budge out lays by $1,600 over ten years ($160 per year), but at the same time giving yourself permision to borrow an additional $2,400 per year (increasing your dept limit). So in 10 years, you add $24,000 to the $16,000 for a new total of $40,000, less the $1,600 for $38,4000, assuming your deficit is intrest free. This was the great savings Republicans were offering and the Democrats thougt it was too drastic? And we, the general public think there's any difference with which side of the aisle politicians sit when they're raping our wallets?[/color]
[/quote]

Did you read the article? I'm guessing not as he points out that Obama basically reneged on their handshake agreement. In fact the only part where he really engaged is commentary is when he points out that the Obama administration's excuse for trying to change the parameters of the deal was really a reneging of the handshake agreement. Boehner pulled out after Obama reneged because he figured that he couldn't get his party to go along with it but Boehner comes off better than Obama in the article.

Have fun in the echo chamber.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1334860435' post='2420728']
[img]http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad109/opyders_photos/raeg.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Why do you make me hit you, baby?

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1334860295' post='2420727']
Did you read the article? I'm guessing not as he points out that Obama basically reneged on their handshake agreement. In fact the only part where he really engaged is commentary is when he points out that the Obama administration's excuse for trying to change the parameters of the deal was really a reneging of the handshake agreement. Boehner pulled out after Obama reneged because he figured that he couldn't get his party to go along with it but Boehner comes off better than Obama in the article.

Have fun in the echo chamber.
[/quote]Geez. Seriously? Did you read the article and think it's completly objective commentary?

[color=#000080][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]In recent weeks, as it became clear that I was planning to write a more nuanced and detailed account of the final week of negotiations, both sides — but primarily the speaker and his aides — went out of their way to give extensive accounts to reporters at other outlets, in an effort to reinforce their well-rehearsed narratives. [/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000080][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color="#222222"]I know who Bai is, and I found it hard to take the rest of the commentary as being seriously objective when I read that. I didn't think you were expecting much by just posting it in Open Mic. [/color][/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000080][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color="#222222"]Hello... [size=3]hello... [/size][size=2]hello.. [size=1] [/size][/size][size=1]hello...[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1334864904' post='2420776']
Geez. Seriously? Did you read the article and think it's completly objective commentary?

[color=#000080][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]In recent weeks, as it became clear that I was planning to write a more nuanced and detailed account of the final week of negotiations, both sides — but primarily the speaker and his aides — went out of their way to give extensive accounts to reporters at other outlets, in an effort to reinforce their well-rehearsed narratives. [/font][/color]

[color=#000080][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#222222]I know who Bai is, and I found it hard to take the rest of the commentary as being seriously objective when I read that. I didn't think you were expecting much by just posting it in Open Mic. [/color][/font][/color]

[color=#000080][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#222222]Hello... [size=3]hello... [/size][size=2]hello.. [size=1] [/size][/size][size=1]hello...[/size][/color][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Was his state[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ment factually correct? If so, it's not really un-objective...[/font]

dominicansoul

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1334860435' post='2420728']
[img]http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad109/opyders_photos/raeg.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

try Metamucil...

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1334878093' post='2420944']
try Metamucil...
[/quote]
I'm impressed you know the context of that meme.