An Old School Catholic Message Board

Upcoming Clothing - Please Keep Her In Your Prayers

Chiara Francesco

Chiara Francesco

If all goes well, please God, Aya Sophia (former PMer, for any newbies) will be Clothed in the habit of Our Lady, the Carmelite habit, near the end of May.

Chiara Francesco

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1335634411' post='2424396']
So soon! Prayers
[/quote]

This Carmel has a 1 yr postulancy but they are probably combining her first 6 months or so postulancy time with this 2nd time of postulancy (she re-entered).

(NOTE: I must add that I checked her PM profile for what she wrote about her Carmel experience and as she DID write on her profile that she had left and was going to re-enter Carmel I felt ok in posting this! I didn't want to invade her privacy but writing things she herself did not write first and only because this helped clear up the normal thoughts of the seeming quickness of her clothing, which are all normal!)

Edited by Chiara Francesco

Wonderful and unexpected news! I'd sort of resigned myself to not hearing about her clothing. AS and I got to know each other while she was still on PM and I write to her from time to time - most recently at Easter - but the correspondence is one-sided since I don't fall into the family or close friend categories. So I am doubly happy for this update! God grant her everything she needs to do his will :heart:

[quote name='DameAgnes' timestamp='1335646909' post='2424475']
Which Carmel is this?
[/quote]

Kirk Edge

• 2 weeks later...
OnlySunshine

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1336423534' post='2428214']
Does anyone know the actual date?
[/quote]

If I know Carmelites, it will most likely be on May 16th -- the feast day of St. Simon Stock who received the Brown Scapular from Our Lady in a vision. 3 years ago, the Carmelites DCJ asked me to fly to the convent to work in their apostolate on this very date so I remember it well.

Or it could be May 25th -- the feast day of St. Mary Magdalen de'Pazzi, a Carmelite virgin and mystic. :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1336423534' post='2428214']
Does anyone know the actual date?
[/quote]

The 30th. Anticipating a feast the next day - someone smarter tell us which one?