An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's A High Holy Day For All You Dominicans!

mantellata

"Post to toast!"

Today is the feast day of one of the Church's greatest.................

[color=#ff0000][size=6]St. Catherine of Siena!! [/size][/color] :dance2:

Raise a class with me if you can! :beer:

Edited by mantellata

OnlySunshine

It's a little overshadowed by Good Shepherd Sunday and the World Day of Prayer for Vocations, but I could never forget one of my favorite saints. ;)

Serious question -- do they celebrate it today, or does it get transferred to Monday? I'd bet Pius V would share.... she deserves her own day!

Maximilianus

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1335749321' post='2425033']
Serious question -- do they celebrate it today, or does it get transferred to Monday? I'd bet Pius V would share.... she deserves her own day!
[/quote]

looks like a good candidate for the Q&A board.
As far as I know Solemnities and Sundays of Lent and Easter outrank all feast days and memorials. So technically St. Catherine's memorial is not celebrated today.

Edited by Maximilianus

Thanks, DS - it give me a chance to stock up on some beer for the big day!!!! ;)

I think we can think Two-fer -- Dominican Pope and Dominican Doctor of the Church! Maybe even a Three-fer -- Deus-te-Amat Day!!!!

dominicansoul

back on April 5th was the Feast of St. Vincent Ferrer, but since his feast day was on Holy Thursday, Dominicans move it to May 5th!!

...so stock up enuff beer for St. Catherine AND St. Vincent!! :cheers:

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-e34aEKq_3no/Tj-OE0HG31I/AAAAAAAAK-w/5wSvlTyVp6E/s1600/8_8_st-dominic1.jpg[/img]

even st dominic is taking a nap, see how his head is resting on his hand and the book is starting to fall

at least st vincent had some energy

[img]http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/pictures/4_5_vincent2.jpg[/img]

Vee.... the Carmelites owe a great deal to the Domincans. You gotta celebrate with them... and they celebrate with you! Why not [s]any[/s] every excuse for a party and/or a beer?

As I pointed out to I3> LSOP, tht beer can be ginger ale or root beer if for some reason anyone doesn't want the alcohol.

I am in the frustrating spot that one of my husband's co-workers is taking us to lunch at a brewery... but they both are working and CAN'T DRINK!!!! Ginger Ale at a brewery is just ... .wrong!

(I think i will get something to bring home.... Vespers & Special Dinner, here I come!!!)

[quote name='mantellata' timestamp='1335734768' post='2424905']

Raise a class with me if you can! :beer:
[/quote]

I could have sworn I wrote raise a [i]glass.[/i]

Odd.....

And I hadn't even had one (glass) yet!

Well, on another note - we could always celebrate an [b]octave[/b] of St. Catherine!........