An Old School Catholic Message Board

Flying Nun

mantellata

mantellata

Way to go Sr. Annunciata O.P.

[url="http://www.newbernsj.com/articles/meets-106281-nun-angel.html"]http://www.newbernsj.com/articles/meets-106281-nun-angel.html[/url]

[img]http://images.onset.freedom.com/nbsj/gallery/m3h30b-m3h2ztnbo0504blueangelsnun1.jpg[/img]

mantellata

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1336246225' post='2427409']
You should post this on Open Mic, too! This is amesome!
[/quote]

Done. :spike:

OnlySunshine

SO razzle dazzle!!!! I'm jealous!!! I watch the Blue Angels nearly EVERY time they come to my city. I am pretty much addicted to them. :)

PhuturePriest

At first I thought this was a thread about the TV show, but I can't imagine too many of you know about that show. This is pretty razzle dazzle, though. I personally would have been scared out of my mind. I'd love to go nine G's one day, though.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1336252845' post='2427440']
At first I thought this was a thread about the TV show, but I can't imagine too many of you know about that show. This is pretty razzle dazzle, though. I personally would have been scared out of my mind. I'd love to go nine G's one day, though.
[/quote]

We know everything about nuns around here. Even fictional TV show nuns.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1336254277' post='2427445']
We know everything about nuns around here. Even fictional TV show nuns.
[/quote]

My personal favorite fictional Nun is Sister Benedict.

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1336252845' post='2427440']
[/quote]
So did I! (And by the way, I also am too young to have known the show when it was originally on.) I really enjoy that show. We get a TV station that shows all sorts of old shows like that, and I've gotten hooked on Flying Nun.

BarbTherese

I loved Sally Fields in The Flying Nun. She did so much good but had ongoing problems 'fitting into the mould' of a religious - the stereotype -, often without realizing it, and an ongoing concern for her fellow 'moulded' and stereotypical sisters. I thought she was wonderful! One of the results of V2 was that that stereotype often no longer exists........often, but not always.

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1336261616' post='2427472']
So did I! (And by the way, I also am too young to have known the show when it was originally on.) I really enjoy that show. We get a TV station that shows all sorts of old shows like that, and I've gotten hooked on Flying Nun.
[/quote]

I love AntennaTV, our station that shows the flying nun. I fully intend to watch frequently this summer!

But as for the original post!!!!! :dance6: What an exciting opportunity for Sister Annunciata!!!

From the article:
[quote]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Being up there with so little around me, nothing between me and the earth, yes, closer in a way,” she said. “But I didn’t need to go up in a jet to find God."[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][/quote][/size][/font][/color]