fides' Jack Posted May 8, 2012 Posted May 8, 2012 [quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1336440146' post='2428392'] The only actual reference to 3 days of darkness I know of from the old testament when God told noah to extend his hand and a darkness will cover the land, and he (noah) extended his hand and 3 days of darkness enveloped the land and no one moved from their place or seen their brother, but the sons of egypt were enveloped in light. The stories you talk about come from prophecies of two recent saints, early 20th century, there is also mention of having blessed salt, and the candles must be made of pure beeswax as any other kind will not burn. These were the prohecies of 2 saints recognized by the Church as such. Thats all I gots.... ed [/quote] Any idea what saints? I know some groups will cite Padre Pio - even though that's debatable.
BigJon16 Posted May 8, 2012 Posted May 8, 2012 I'm calling Ash... [img]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5bpcQEak1qdvatvo1_400.jpg[/img]
Lil Red Posted May 8, 2012 Posted May 8, 2012 [quote name='blacksheep' timestamp='1336400693' post='2428072'] Does any one have any insight into this supposed prophesy? As far as I know mystics and saint alike have talked about the so called 3 days of darkness. Three days when the demons of hell will be set loose upon the world. Nothing technological will work and there will be no light of anykind except for that of blessed candles. Anyone out in the world no inside and praying for God's mercy will be horrible attacked and killed by the demons. Sounds actually like it could make for a really razzle dazzle movie...but what validity is put in this prophesy? Anybody? [/quote] sounds like the Dean Koontz book [url="http://www.amazon.com/The-Taking-Novel-Dean-Koontz/dp/0553593501/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336504852&sr=8-1"]The Taking[/url]
Skinzo Posted May 8, 2012 Posted May 8, 2012 [quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1336500971' post='2428721'] Any idea what saints? I know some groups will cite Padre Pio - even though that's debatable. [/quote] I don't know of any actual saints. Blessed Anna Maria Taigi is quoted that way, but I wonder about the documentation? Nowadays, anyone can put up a site and say anything they want. Finding out what and where the [b]original sources [/b]are is the problem. In the meantime people are misled. I've had a pet peeve about the "secret" of La Salette which you see quoted all the time on the web as saying "Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Antichrist". That version was condemned by the Holy Office two times that I know of. Now that the archives of Pope Leo XIII are open we can read the actual text of the secret which says no such thing. It's best to be skeptical. S.
Annie12 Posted May 9, 2012 Posted May 9, 2012 why are candles necessary? I know it's nice to see, but if you are praying, then God would sustain you and you would have nothing to worry about!
Annie12 Posted May 9, 2012 Posted May 9, 2012 [b] [font=comic sans ms,cursive]This says it all[/font]:[/b] [b] [size=5]Matthew 10:24-39[/size][/b] [size=5][sup]24[/sup]“A disciple is not above the teacher, nor a slave above the master; [sup]25[/sup]it is enough for the disciple to be like the teacher, and the slave like the master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household! [sup]26[/sup]“So have no fear of them; for nothing is covered up that will not be uncovered, and nothing secret that will not become known. [sup]27[/sup]What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light; and what you hear whispered, proclaim from the housetops. [sup]28[/sup]Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. [sup]29[/sup]Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. [sup]30[/sup]And even the hairs of your head are all counted. [sup]31[/sup]So do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows. [sup]32[/sup]“Everyone therefore who acknowledges me before others, I also will acknowledge before my Father in heaven; [sup]33[/sup]but whoever denies me before others, I also will deny before my Father in heaven. [sup]34[/sup]“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. [sup]35[/sup]For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; [sup]36[/sup]and one’s foes will be members of one’s own household. [sup]37[/sup]Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; [sup]38[/sup]and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me. [sup]39[/sup]Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it. [/size]
Skinzo Posted May 9, 2012 Posted May 9, 2012 If I have to spend three days in the dark, I'll be happy for a candle. But I'd really like a sun gun. S.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now