An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sol Prof In Notting Hill Carmel - Faith C's Community

Chiara Francesco

Chiara Francesco

[url="http://carmelitesnottinghill.org.uk/sister-pams-solemn-profession/"]http://carmelitesnot...emn-profession/[/url]

Here's a video of a previous clothing ceremony from last December.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KT7nTka7TY

Edited by Chiara Francesco

Hi, Chiara Francesco,

Sr. Faith Cecilia actually shared a video very similiar to this with us on her own thread last November. The video appears to be edited a bit more professionally now.

It is beautiful, and I am glad that you reposted it so we can enjoy it again

However, I believe it is Sister's solemn profession (Final Vows) rather than a clothing ceremony.

Sister Desiree does look happy!

Edited by AnneLine

TheresaThoma

You can actually catch a quick glimpse of Sr Faith at right around 10:27 she was doing a live in when this ceremony happened.

maximillion

Yes, it is the same vid, but even so thanks for posting. And Solemn Profession.....I think Clothing is an 'in house' event in this community.

Yay for another Solemn Profession! The link says they're planning a short video of this one, soon!

Solemn and Perpetual Professions are so uplifting!!!

Chiara Francesco

Here is the Solemn Profession video for this Sr. Pamela.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRL3XL6RXJw

Mary's Margaret

Beautifully presented. They seem to be such a gentle and loving community.
May God continueu to bless them with vocations.

Was that Sr. Faith on the far left at about 14:10?

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Beautiful! Sr. Faith told me about Sr. Pam in her letter I received recently!

Mary's Margaret

One day, we'll be watching her video, God willing. I'm also wondering about Marigold - praying she arrived without any hitches and is settling in nicely. And Nunsense seems to be doing well. It's lovely to think of those we've come to know here spotted in convents around the world. God bless them all.

Hope this doesn't count as a hijack. :hehe:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1337389968' post='2432446']
One day, we'll be watching her video, God willing. I'm also wondering about Marigold - praying she arrived without any hitches and is settling in nicely. And Nunsense seems to be doing well. It's lovely to think of those we've come to know here spotted in convents around the world. God bless them all.

Hope this doesn't count as a hijack. :hehe:
[/quote]

I was quite surprised to receive a letter from Sister Faith today as I never even gave her my address, but she must have gotten it from the OLR website since she told me she has seen the site.

She sounds as if she is settling in well, after an initial period of (as she described it) 'some teething problems'. I laughed at the things she says she misses, such as aerobics, curry and haribo (I have no idea what that is but our German guest said there is something similar in Germany that is a sweet - does anyone know?).

They had a few days without gas and water due to work on their plumbing and kitchen, so when they had some visiting Carmelite sisters from another Carmel, they had takeaway pizza and chips to give them a hot meal. Sounds like an interesting place to be! :)

She also said that the Novitiate were providing entertainment for Sr Pamela's profession so I wonder how that went? It must have been a lot of fun.

My news is always posted on my blog, so I will limit this post to the interesting things Sr Faith had to say in her letter. I need to write back to her but I am lousy at hand written letters, so will have to type something up and then post it or it will never get to her.

I don't know how much we will hear from Marigold in her community, but it seems as if Faith is able to write letters, and you all know that I can still write my blog, at least for now. Please remember all of us in your prayers. I am sure that Faith and Marigold are remembering us all as well, and you can be assured that I do the same for all of you in the PM pham, especially here in VS.
:nunpray:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1337409186' post='2432568']
I was quite surprised to receive a letter from Sister Faith today as I never even gave her my address, but she must have gotten it from the OLR website since she told me she has seen the site.

She sounds as if she is settling in well, after an initial period of (as she described it) 'some teething problems'. I laughed at the things she says she misses, such as aerobics, curry and haribo (I have no idea what that is but our German guest said there is something similar in Germany that is a sweet - does anyone know?).

They had a few days without gas and water due to work on their plumbing and kitchen, so when they had some visiting Carmelite sisters from another Carmel, they had takeaway pizza and chips to give them a hot meal. Sounds like an interesting place to be! :)

She also said that the Novitiate were providing entertainment for Sr Pamela's profession so I wonder how that went? It must have been a lot of fun.

My news is always posted on my blog, so I will limit this post to the interesting things Sr Faith had to say in her letter. I need to write back to her but I am lousy at hand written letters, so will have to type something up and then post it or it will never get to her.

I don't know how much we will hear from Marigold in her community, but it seems as if Faith is able to write letters, and you all know that I can still write my blog, at least for now. Please remember all of us in your prayers. I am sure that Faith and Marigold are remembering us all as well, and you can be assured that I do the same for all of you in the PM pham, especially here in VS.
:nunpray:
[/quote]

Haribo is a candy company that makes gummy bears. It comes in a gold bag. They are made in Germany as well.

[img]http://www.couponaholic.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/haribo-printable-coupon.jpg[/img]

maximillion

Haribo make lots of things besides gummy bears, but I will get a selection and send them off to Sr Faith asap.

Mary's Margaret

Thank-you, Nunsense, for sharing news from Sr. Faith. If I remember correctly, Faith is qualified as a fitness instructor so maybe she could regain her aerobic activities by becoming the community's physical education leader, Maximillion's sending haribo, and if they've had pizza, there's hope for curry! If you do get a letter off to her, please send her our love and let her know (as we want you to know as well) that our prayers continue.