An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Made Sim Nuns!

EmilyAnn

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1337274865' post='2431713']
I have an extremely important question. Why are there only solemnly professed nuns and then novices? Nobody in temporary vows? Were there some solemn professions recently or is this a community that attracts vocations but does not keep them? Should we be concerned?

Obviously this is a very serious question.
[/quote][quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1337274865' post='2431713']
I have an extremely important question. Why are there only solemnly professed nuns and then novices? Nobody in temporary vows? Were there some solemn professions recently or is this a community that attracts vocations but does not keep them? Should we be concerned?

Obviously this is a very serious question.
[/quote]

I notice that the nuns are in black habits. If they are Benedictines, shouldn't there be a guest house?

Regarding the lack of postulants, perhaps this is a new foundation and they are all back in the motherhouse....

[quote name='Antigonos' timestamp='1337277246' post='2431733']
I notice that the nuns are in black habits. If they are Benedictines, shouldn't there be a guest house?
[/quote]

The guesthouse is still under construction, it should be completed soon.

maximillion

I am presuming this community is in communion with Rome?

I wouldn't want to be giving my all important props to some heretical establishment.....................

A few thoughts... if changing veil colors / headdress colors is a problem, you might be able to change tunic colors or something; the Trappistines have their novices in white scapulars, and they get the black ones at profession.... just an idea for you....

You might be able to find some caftan clothing that would be a good monastic garb as well..... or choir robes, or graduation robes.....

Now if I only had a thing to play this on, you might get ME interested.... fun!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1337286577' post='2431822']
I believe the house is dedicated to St. Sim-eon....
[/quote]

Or Sim-on the Cyrene?

I hadn't actually come up with a name so I'm going with Anne's suggest of St. Simeon's Abbey. And I've called the sisters the Benedictines of Our Lady of Sorrows.

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1337285858' post='2431809']
A few thoughts... if changing veil colors / headdress colors is a problem, you might be able to change tunic colors or something; the Trappistines have their novices in white scapulars, and they get the black ones at profession.... just an idea for you....

You might be able to find some caftan clothing that would be a good monastic garb as well..... or choir robes, or graduation robes.....

Now if I only had a thing to play this on, you might get ME interested.... fun!
[/quote]

You can change the colours of everything to any colour you like. Before I made this community I made a smaller one that had sisters from various congregations - I had a Benedictine, a Carmelite, a Sister of Mary Mother of the Church and a Holy Spirit Adoration Sister, just to test out what I could make.

I think what I've got at the moment is the closest I can get to monastic garb. There are probably better things I could download but I don't like to download things that aren't the official EA stuff, last time I tried that it made my game like super slow.

That makes sense, Emily!

As far as "St. Sim" while I like St. Simon Stilites :) , I was thinking of St. Simeon (of Anna and Simeon at the Presentation in the Temple)... and that would go well with Emily's thought of the Sorrowful Mother, too. Just in case any of you want to think/pray over that connection, here's the relevant scripture.....

[indent=1]Luke 2:25-35: (New American Bible, Revised Edition)[/indent]

[indent=1]Now there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon. [/indent]
[indent=1]This man was righteous and devout, awaiting the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spiit was upon him. [/indent]
[indent=1]It had been revealed to him by the holy Spirit that he should not see death before he had seen the Messiah of the Lord. [/indent]
[indent=1]He came in the Spirit to the temple; and when the parents brought in the child Jesus[/indent]
[indent=1]to perform the custom of the law in regard to him, he took him into his arms and blessed God, saying: [/indent]
[indent=1]"Now, Master, you may let your servant go in peace, according to your word,[/indent]
[indent=1]for my eyes have seen your salvation, which you prepared in sign of all the peoples,[/indent]
[indent=1]a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and glory for your people Israel." [/indent]
[indent=1]The child's father and mother were amazed at what was said about him;[/indent]
[indent=1]and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother,[/indent]
[indent=1]"Behold this child is destined for the fall and rise of many in Israel,[/indent]
[indent=1]and to be a sign that will be contadicted (and you yourself a sword will pierce) --[/indent]
[indent=1]so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."[/indent]

[i] (pls pray for the US Catholic Bishops, from whose website this is borrowed)[/i]

Maybe the community's feast day would be the Presentation!

St. Simeon from the presentation at the temple fits perfectly. I chose Our Lady of Sorrows because I have a personal devotion to her.

I actually made a new convent this morning before work (it doesn't take very long at all!) and I just need to fill it with nuns now. I have a day off tomorrow :smile3:

Edited by EmilyAnn

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1337291959' post='2431883']
Some of you might find nuns named after you in my next convent then. :hehe2:
[/quote]

Remember our Community of Perpetual Chat [I think that was the name]?