An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good/bad News

the171

It's not a panic or anxiety disorder. It's not long QT disorder. But we're going to the cardiologist to see if it's a deformity. Please pray for me!!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1337295437' post='2431929']
It's not a panic or anxiety disorder. It's not long QT disorder. But we're going to the cardiologist to see if it's a deformity. Please pray for me!!
[/quote]

I'm glad you do not have panic or anxiety disorders. I will pray that everything works out.

Strictlyinkblot

Prayers for you. Hopefully it'll be something that'll be sorted easily with medication. God Bless

Even though you want it to GO AWAY (and so do we!) it helps to know what it is NOT. Now we pray for the doctors to figure out what it IS and what to DO about it. Prayers.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1337295437' post='2431929']
[/quote]

It's really good that you can rule both things out. One of my former co-workers had mitral valve prolapse which is known to cause anxiety, dizziness, difficulty breathing, and/or fatigue. MVP is relatively easy to treat and is hardly ever life threatening. My friend was able to live a normal life after being put on a beta blocker. Hopefully, the cardiologist can give you an answer and you can solve this problem once and for all. Prayers that this is worked out! :blush:

Mary's Margaret

Prayers for your healing and for the wisdom, compassion and competence of your medical team.

Oh! Now I remember what the cardiologist said it might be!! Right ventricular hypertrophy. Hopefully it isn't...

OnlySunshine

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1337315451' post='2432101']
Oh! Now I remember what the cardiologist said it might be!! Right ventricular hypertrophy. Hopefully it isn't...
[/quote]

I've never heard of this before, but I hope you don't have anything heart related. If you do, I hope it is something minor and easy to treat -- like MVP. Prayers! ;)

MissScripture

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1337315451' post='2432101']
[/quote]
I had that! It was because I had a hole in a heart wall and so my heart was working extra hard to pump the blood to where it needed to go. I never had symptoms quite to the extent you're describing, but I definitely had some weird episodes that didn't make sense until they found the hole. My heart is now normal, after they closed the hole. So, depending on the reason, it can be totally treatable. But it's definitely scary until things are fixed!
Prayers for you! I hope you get it all figured out, quickly! At least when you know what it is, you know can figure out how to treat it. :pray: