An Old School Catholic Message Board

It's Been A While

the171

If I felt the way you did about a community I would seriously think about joining them. A dozen sisters have all given me the same advice concerning the 'right' community. They said that, like meeting a husband, they just [i]knew[/i]. They felt at home, and, like you said, everything clicked. My only advice would be to pray, "God make Your desires mine, and reveal Your will using my desires." This gives you something quite concrete-your desires-to go on. Trust that God hears your prayer and is using your natural inclinations to show you where He wants you right now.

I don't know you, since I am a lurker, but I am glad you are healthy! :) I am sure that makes discerning with communities easier for you!

Thank you all. I am hopefully going to visit Laffy sometime soon. If I can't, then I'll call Sr. MJ.

After reading these responses I remembered what my SD said when I brought this up at an appt a while back. I had forgotten. This is a paraphrase, but it was something to the effect of you (me) had been solid with this community and vocation longer than any other, it felt right. Satan sees this and he is trying to attack you (me). Just trust. What our heart wants is what God wants. Trust is the greatest thing.

Wise guy. haha