An Old School Catholic Message Board

Holy Cannoli!

Kayte Postle

Queen'sDaughter

Love this order! I totally internet stalk them all the time! Wish they updated more often.

• 3 weeks later...
Kayte Postle

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1340159914' post='2446565']
Yay! Excited is good as long as you manage to calm down enough for mass
[/quote]
I'm only going in tomorrow to help them with some various needs around the convent, and grounds. They will have already gone to mass by the time I get there (I [i]believe[/i] that they go to mass off-grounds.) . However when they have guests/workers come visit them, they usually have the guest stop by their chapel before going about whatever is needed to be done. I think the Lord will put me in the perfect frame of mind before I get to work. :nunpray:

Edited by Kayte Postle

Kayte Postle

Well I had a wonderful afternoon with the beautiful sisters, Children of Mary. I got there around 11:45 (after getting lost, and almost getting hit by a truck..), and pulled down their looong driveway. Their grounds are absolutely beautiful!! I passed their hermitage, their barn, their retreat house, and finally drove up to their chapel/welcome center/cloister. Sister Marianne and their german shepard greeted me at the door. I was offered lots of food, and given some prayer cards, two dvd's, and a book. Sister Agnes Immaculae lead me to the chapel, where I got to pray and be with our Lord for a bit. Then I got to work mending a tunic by sewing in a new collar. (and I got to enjoy home made fudge and pecan pie from the sisters). After that I went to help Sister Marianne clean the chapel. Then at 3pm I got to say the Divine Mercy chaplet with the sisters that were home.

..then I had to leave for work....

But I was asked to come back at least once a week for the rest of the summer! Sister Agnes Immaculae also said that they have adoration at 1pm everyday (except wed) and that they would love for me to join them. So I'm going back next Tuesday, bright and early at 8:45am for mass, and then I get to spend the whole day helping where they need! (I might go to adoration before then, depending on how things on the g-ma front are going).

All the sisters were so kind, joyful, and peaceful. I loved every second I spent with them today! I feel so blessed that God lead me to them!

Indwelling Trinity

Sounds like the Holy Spirit is Busy! They look so beautiful! I will be praying for you and the sisters too.

What excites me so is after looking at their website i felt like i was already connected to them. I was with Mother Teresa for a number of years. Fr. John Hardon S.J. now venerable, was my confessor. I have lived in Poustinia, now as a hermit for 10 years+. I have been a Carmelite for many years. And my Greatest devotion is to Divine Mercy. Looking at the Sister's site was like looking back and seeing the threads of my whole life come together in one Community!

Please assure the sisters that this poor Carmelite hermit is praying very much for them and sends them a warm hug!

Bro, I am jelly. I met them at the march for life. I was almost in tears because they are SO BEAUTIFUL! Lets just say, it was very awkward... Partially because we were leaving the metro when I... Attacked.

PhuturePriest

This page was so amesome my brain nearly exploded: http://www.childrenofmary.net/dresscode.shtml I would definitely have a vocational visit with these Sisters if I were a woman. They seem so smart.

I'm so happy you found these sisters so close to home! They used to come to our local friary (Friars of the Immaculate) and they are a beautiful order. I love their holy cards and regularly order them in bulk to give out.

Waw, they seem so great! And they obviously meet the right people too, I saw Msgr. Schneider and Msgr. Rey in the video on their website. Very good bishops! :pope2: :winner:

I'm really happy for you, Kayte :proud: Hope you'll have a wonderful summer with them.